Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

On 7/5/2019 at 11:37 PM, The LBC said:

Only for a few years, Ballmer's intent on getting a new arena built.  I honestly believe that's why they've really been so driven on trying to get a marquee team assembled this year.

I really hope that he can get it done, IIRC he wants it to be the MSG of the West Coast. But there were some issues because MSG is partnered with the LA Forum. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I really hope that he can get it done, IIRC he wants it to be the MSG of the West Coast. But there were some issues because MSG is partnered with the LA Forum. 

I mean, nothing is going to come close to The Garden.  Closest thing out this way is, not-so-coincidentally because the architects designed it after The Garden, the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Vegas.

What it may come down to is seeing how much the entertainment venue being built as part of the Stadium of Champions complex (Ram's new stadium) in Inglewood affects the business of the LA Forum (to me it's always going to be the Great Western Forum), because that might make MSG ownership more amenable to unloading the venue/land if it's not as profitable.I'm exp

There's also the opportunity to reap a lot of benefit of public transit investment that's set to go down to accommodate Kroenke's project (they're renovating the Metro Rail presently and I'm expect some sort of bond measure on either this November's or next November's county ballot - or at least LA's, I'm in Orange County now - to supplement the costs of eminent domain and a new line running between LAX and through Inglewood), which could provide something very similar to the benefit that Staples Center enjoyed for years with the train letting out literally across the street from the venue.

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I still love how Cris Carter was swearing up and down that he was getting direct information from Kawhi's camp but every single thing he said was wrong. One night he hinted Kawhi was returning to Toronto, the next morning it was the Lakers, then he declared Kawhi wouldn't announce on the 5th (he did), and he also said Kawhi wasn't considering a short term deal anywhere (he signs one). 

well he also said earlier that week he was going to decide on Friday (he did depending what coast you live on), he said the Clippers weren't out of it, and him and Haynes broke Kawhi going to the Clippers at the same time. So he was way more right than basically anyone that gave out info on the matter.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

well he also said earlier that week he was going to decide on Friday (he did depending what coast you live on), he said the Clippers weren't out of it, and him and Haynes broke Kawhi going to the Clippers at the same time. So he was way more right than basically anyone that gave out info on the matter.

He tweeted on Friday morning that a decision wouldn’t be made that day. He also was hinting heavily on FS1 that he was leaning towards the Lakers the day he announced for the Clippers.

ESPN:  As Danny Green -- perhaps Kawhi Leonard's closest teammate, having paired with him to win championships in both San Antonio and Toronto -- waited on Leonard's decision last week, he was left in the dark just like the rest of the world.

Except he was pretty sure of one thing: Leonard would not be joining the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I think all of it was a shock to me," Green said on a conference call with reporters Thursday. "Except not as much of a shock Kawhi going to L.A. The Clippers, anyway. I didn't see him coming this route [to the Lakers].

"I feel like he wanted to go his own route. I think it was between them and going back. I think the year that he had and what those fans brought this season and everything it was hard for him to turn it down and leave Toronto. But I knew he wanted to be closer to home."

Edited by Leader