Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

Lakers and Raptors leaked. Clippers likely lead 90% of the season or so. Raptors likely were a serious consideration but it wasn’t enough. Who knows what was real from the Lakers or not and I don’t care. 

PG trade was crazy yet I don’t care about that right now. 

I started thinking Clippers were in the lead on Wednesday night shortly after Jalen Rose said he was 99% to the Raptors and a few days after he was 94-95% to the Lakers. Was hoping I was wrong.

I don’t think I’m mad just disappointed in the situation and for myself for believing he would actually stay. This may have actually meant more in a weird way than the title did had he stayed. I’ll probably walk that back in a few weeks but you get what I’m saying. 

Congrats to Clippers fans. The real ones. Not certain if any other than  @The LBC that I’ve seen on here but I’m sure some others will come out of the wood work. 

I was probably a **** to some or most of you all in the past year or so but I think my stress and anxiety over this was warranted. I could be dramatic and curse Kawhi or something ridiculous but I don’t really believe in that sort of thing. I got my championship that I was beginning to believe may never happen for Toronto and maybe not this year but I’d be surprised if the clippers didn’t win a championship in the next 4 years and I’m sure Clippers fans have had similar feelings and got about as close relative as the Raptors did before Kawhi in that Blake-CP3-DJ era. 

Again I don’t think I can be mad but I am disappointed. Kawhi gave absolutely zero indication he would stay. The Raptors did everything they possibly could and even if I wanna blame leaks this final week it’s very possible that it just would have been the Clippers anyways. I mean yea it was a bad look in some regards but the leaks didn’t come from the top and he had an entire year of trust built up I don’t think it went from 100 to 0 in 3 days. Probably from like 95 to 93 if that makes any sense. 

I think a lot of other star players would have stayed in this situation but Kawhi isn’t like other stars. I always wanted Toronto to be looked at and viewed as a real NBA city and I felt this needed to happen for that to be true I guess that’s why I was trying to will it into existence. 

I don’t know what else to say I’ll always love Kawhi for what he did but obviously I’m sad it can’t continue. No matter what people try and tell me this championship was legitimate.

I guess I’ll be getting into Chargers mode in a month or so. The team I care about most finally won a championship but now the team I love in the sport I love the most needs to follow this. I feel I can die in peace that the Raptors won but having not yet turned 29 I have a lot of time left presumably and long since believed the chargers actually can win the super bowl. This needs to happen.

I have thoughts on the raptors future but won’t get involved in that right now. We are defending champions and I’m just gonna enjoy that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49er pride said:

We may not have Kawhi but we got a Bosa:|

That’s something the clippers will never have. Let’s pray neither get hurt this week. Nicky will be a stud like Joey I feel but we need them playing 14-16 games a year going forward. 

• Like 1

Ok, just waking up to the news and woah...this is nuts. Next season is going to be insane (still hate that KD's injured).

The only "insiders" I seen who hadn't completely closed the door on the Clippers were Woj and Windhorst. It's somewhat funny Lakers fans were on Woj's back about being bias but believed all these random Laker "insiders".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Ok, just waking up to the news and woah...this is nuts. Next season is going to be insane (still hate that KD's injured).

The only "insiders" I seen who hadn't completely closed the door on the Clippers were Woj and Windhorst. It's somewhat funny Lakers fans were on Woj's back about being bias but believed all these random Laker "insiders".

Reddit guy should be on suicide watch

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Until one, or both, OD (or find some way to blow themselves up doing something "uber-BRO") at Burning Man sometime in the near future.

Wait..  the bosa brothers go to burning man?? 

I can't help but laugh at the Lakers. Danny green for 15 million lololol 

52 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

Reddit guy should be on suicide watch

Him, that Arye Abraham kid, Chris Broussard, Jalen Rose all look like clowns after this. I said it all throughout the process that no one knows what Kawhi or his camp wants, so take all reports with a grain of salt.

If it's not coming from Woj, Shams, Marc Stein or Chris Haynes, tread lightly with the report.

• Like 1