Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, Utley said:

Presti is the best in this business. With that being said, LAC should be very happy with this outcome.

OKC fans are extremely unhappy with Presti. He has fallen off greatly and never nailed picks in the 6-8 years

Edited by SBLIII

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

The Clippers should definitely be happy, but I still don’t think this is enough to get them a championship. They’re infinitely better, but I don’t think they are loaded all of a sudden. 

Methinks the 76ers win it all next year. 

They just added the best player in the NBA and someone who made 1st Team All-NBA. They also have the best bench in the NBA.

I think the Warriors of the past 3 seasons skewed what "loaded" means. The Clippers have the best team (on paper) in the NBA.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

HAHAHA! I love it! I've always liked to see the Clippers do well, and this is also coming at the expense of the Lakers.

Still a really good haul for OKC given the situation, though.

Huh? I've got nothing against Clipper fans. Congrats to them. See you on the court - but odd that I'm not reading how "OKC OWNS the Clippers draft going forward" - as I read multiple times on this board about the Pelicans owning the LALs. Its so odd how that happens. Then again, maybe its not. Haters are gonna hate no matter what.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Huh? I've got nothing against Clipper fans. Congrats to them. See you on the court - but odd that I'm not reading how "OKC OWNS the Clippers draft going forward" - as I read multiple times on this board about the Pelicans owning the LALs. Its so odd how that happens. Then again, maybe its not. Haters are gonna hate no matter what.

Like I said, it was a good haul for OKC considering the situation. But LAC still ended up with two stars in Kawhi and PG, so it should be worth it on their end.

I just hate the Lakers with a passion, so I'm glad that they missed out.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Like I said, it was a good haul for OKC considering the situation. But LAC still ended up with two stars in Kawhi and PG, so it should be worth it on their end. I just hate the Lakers with a passion, so I'm glad that they missed out.

Thats cool and you're more than entitled....but as I said: haters are gonna hate. Its just not my style is all.
I dont wish any other team (or their fans) ill. Why? Whats in it for me? Nothing that I can see.

I wanted Kawhi to come to the LAL - hands down, no doubt about it. It didnt happen. Oh well. Time to move on to other players and situations.

We'll be fine.

43 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I get that it’s a players league, but how does one go from signing an extension to requesting a trade

A 2nd season with Westbrook happens. Kawhi called and George had a choice: stick it out with Westbrook or request a trade to play with Kawhi.

You choose Kawhi every time. OKC didn't HAVE to trade him, but that's a crazy haul they got offered. If they were smart then they'd see what Westbrook could get, but my guess is not too much.

• Like 1

Kawhi really is his own guy and it really just affirmed for us that we have no clue he is and to act like we know what’s he’s thinking is just silly lol. My guy was talking to PG while people were just guessing and nobody had a clue. Heck most people didn’t even know they were friends like that 

Also taking into account everything and assuming the PG shoulder thing isn’t career altering. Based on everything this was probably the best decision. I mean trying to be objective for a minute. 

I think Toronto would have been aggressive in an attempt to bring in someone else moving forward but PG to TO would have been an extremely unlikely play. 

• Like 1