Whats your top 10 dynamic duos currently in the NBA?

stl4life07

On 7/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, seminoles1 said:

He's trying to be the sole member of the 40,000-10,000-10,000 club. I doubt he purposefully stops scoring as much for another 2 seasons at least.

Definitely think he's going to go back to more of a facilitator role that I think he's more comfortable with.  Let's say the next 3 years are his last in the NBA (probably not, but let's operate under that assumption), and he averages 65 games per year and 25 PPG over those games.  That's 4,875 points which would push him roughly ~500 more points than Karl Malone, good for 2nd in NBA history behind KAJ.  Right now, LeBron James is 10th in assists and using the same criteria (3 years and 65 games/year) at 7.2 APG (career average), he'd finish with 10,066 assists good for 6th all time.  He'd need to average at least 7.6 APG over 3 years and 65 games per year to pass Magic Johnson.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Until playoff time when Gobert and Mitchell vanish

Rudy was actually better in the playoffs last year than he was in the regular season defensively. And Mitchell had no space to operate last year, we shot like 20% from 3 as a team during the series against Houston. Boston got way worse this year while everyone else got better, worry about your own team mate. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Rudy was actually better in the playoffs last year than he was in the regular season defensively. And Mitchell had no space to operate last year, we shot like 20% from 3 as a team during the series against Houston. Boston got way worse this year while everyone else got better, worry about your own team mate. 

Debateable. Horford is a big loss. I think a half committed Kyrie to Kemba is a lateral move.

I was half kidding anyways.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Debateable. Horford is a big loss. I think a half committed Kyrie to Kemba is a lateral move.

I was half kidding anyways.

Kyrie to Kemba is a significant downgrade, Horford is a huge loss, and your bench took a major down grade this year too.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Kyrie to Kemba is a significant downgrade, Horford is a huge loss, and your bench took a major down grade this year too.

A fully committed and healthy Kyrie? Yeah sure, but we didn’t have that. Horford is a big loss, bench didn’t take a major down grade. We had to many guys last year, it was a big reason the chemistry was so horrific. 

Hayward should take another step forward in his recovery, I really like some of our rookies, Brown and Tatum will finally have defined roles. I’m excited for this season. I think the Jazz will be a top 3 seed in the West, but Mitchell and Goberts tendency to not show up in playoffs is a bit worrisome. Gobert still got exposed a lot last season, I don’t really care what advanced stats say. Rockets got the best of him many times.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think the Jazz will be a top 3 seed in the West, but Mitchell and Goberts tendency to not show up in playoffs is a bit worrisome. Gobert still got exposed a lot last season, I don’t really care what advanced stats say. Rockets got the best of him many times.

Did you miss when Mitchell outplayed Russell Westbrook and Paul George during the first round in 2018? The only team that has given us issues in the West has been the Rockets because they've keyed in on Mitchell and we didn't have enough shooting/playmaking to make them pay for it. People are sleeping on us, we have two of the best playmaking/PnR guards in the league, one of the best roll men in the league, and elite shooting. Plus we'll be a top 3 defensive team again this year. 

I want everyone to doubt, it'll be that much sweeter when we're in the Finals next year. 

But in all honesty I actually like the Celtics roster this year @MookieMonstah . I love Jayson Tatum and was one of his biggest believers when most thought he was so-so. Will be interesting to see if Tatum/Brown can take the next step in their game this year. 

The projected starting 5, I'm assuming will be: 

Walker - Brown - Tatum - Hayward - Kanter

Leaves a lot to be desired defensively but should be one of the better offensive teams in the league. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But in all honesty I actually like the Celtics roster this year @MookieMonstah . I love Jayson Tatum and was one of his biggest believers when most thought he was so-so. Will be interesting to see if Tatum/Brown can take the next step in their game this year. 

The projected starting 5, I'm assuming will be: 

Walker - Brown - Tatum - Hayward - Kanter

Leaves a lot to be desired defensively but should be one of the better offensive teams in the league. 

I hope/think Rob Williams will be the starter. Kanter will probably be used similar to Greg Monroe. Get him a lot of quick runs so he can score a few buckets and come out before the offense can adjust and absolutely abuse him.

54 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I hope/think Rob Williams will be the starter. Kanter will probably be used similar to Greg Monroe. Get him a lot of quick runs so he can score a few buckets and come out before the offense can adjust and absolutely abuse him.

How good is Theis?