Whats your top 10 dynamic duos currently in the NBA?

stl4life07

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think LeBron and Davis is slightly a better duo than Kawhi and George.  So those are my top two.  It's tough because I can't really factor in the Durant and Kyrie duo since those guys won't actually play together until the 2020/21 season at the earliest, and there's no telling how Durant will be when he returns.

Interesting.....
Cant say I watched ANY Pelican action back in the day....but ESPN's current article about the LAL signing Cousins has a video of Cousins and Davis pairing up to (basically) massively increase Davis's shooting percentage :) I wouldnt mind some of that this year. Cant say I'd mind that at all....and Davis is doing all the work....so it's less taxing on Cousins. Sounds like a game plan to me.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting.....
Cant say I watched ANY Pelican action back in the day....but ESPN's current article about the LAL signing Cousins has a video of Cousins and Davis pairing up to (basically) massively increase Davis's shooting percentage :) I wouldnt mind some of that this year. Cant say I'd mind that at all....and Davis is doing all the work....so it's less taxing on Cousins. Sounds like a game plan to me.

Yea.  When Cousins is right, he's almost impossible to defend by one person in the post.  Both guys can also shoot jumpers, which helps a lot with spacing.  But having a healthy Cousins on the block and Anthony Davis outside actually helps to free up both guys a ton.  Then you add LeBron.  Nobody on this team will ever get double teamed or even trapped because there are too many threats on the floor.  Then add in a shooter like Danny Green and maybe Kuzma (he really needs to become more of a consistent shooter this season).  That team would be deadly.

Davis is going to have to do a ton of work on the defensive end, though.  He's going to have to make up for guys like Kuzma and LeBron. 

It's interesting because LeBron has been talking about taking more of a backseat type of role.  Lets say Cousins is close to back to how great he used to be.  I wonder if he'd be willing to take more of a backseat offensively (not score like 27-30 PPG) and go back to giving max effort on defense instead.  That would help the team a ton.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's interesting because LeBron has been talking about taking more of a backseat type of role.  Lets say Cousins is close to back to how great he used to be.  I wonder if he'd be willing to take more of a backseat offensively (not score like 27-30 PPG) and go back to giving max effort on defense instead.  That would help the team a ton.

He's trying to be the sole member of the 40,000-10,000-10,000 club. I doubt he purposefully stops scoring as much for another 2 seasons at least.

30 minutes ago, champ11 said:

the crazy thing is Murray isn't even that good yet. Jokic is the gawd. need young murray to take another step this year 

I think he can, but until he does they aren't top 5. Maybe they're top 8.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think he can, but until he does they aren't top 5. Maybe they're top 8.

yeah i mean i still think they are definitely top 10. those two in the PnR is essentially unstoppable (esp when Murray sets the screen!)....Murray just needs to hit his shots at a higher clip and distribute out of the PnR a bit better. Made major steps last year and we need it to happen again.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

5 years 170M....Bucket getter in the clutch. Next year All Star level. 

key to being great is consistency. just hoping to see Jamal at at least his B level close to every night next season. he really did take a step in the postseason