What Position Should We Consider Shoring Up

Just Want A Title

Now that the draft and free agency is done what position do you think we should still be looking for help?  I think Corey Liguet would be a solid addition if we need DL depth.  He would be an improvement over Ricky-Jean Francois if he is healthy.  I know I would be more comfortable if we could add a solid veteran guard because Kenny Wiggins isn't a world-beater by any stretch of the imagination.  

Or, do we consider a trade?  If so, who would you target?  

Thinking..... with all the contracts the cowboys got coming up maybe we could snag a guy like Collins off their ol

Idk if likely at all but if we were still in it before the trade deadline and say the Bengals weren't wonder if they be willing to trade aj.. really like to see them make a move for a wr.. real hard to trust what we have

10 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Thinking..... with all the contracts the cowboys got coming up maybe we could snag a guy like Collins off their ol

Idk if likely at all but if we were still in it before the trade deadline and say the Bengals weren't wonder if they be willing to trade aj.. really like to see them make a move for a wr.. real hard to trust what we have

The Cowboys are going to be near the top in cap space next year at $74M. They do have to work out that Dak, Cooper and Zeke deal but I have a feeling they'll be able to manage. With Collins - is he a LT or a RT? You're also going to have to give up resources in draft picks plus pay the guy a decent amount of money. If we think he's a franchise LT and he's better than Decker, it could make sense. I just can't see the Cowboys giving up a player of that caliber for cheap.

We might want AJ Green but I doubt that he'd want to come to us. A guy like Green will want to be on a team that is a contender. Seahawks, Chiefs, Colts, Texans all fit that bill with the cap space to handle it. He's a FA next year, so I don't expect the Bengals to get a ton out of it other than cap space.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

The Cowboys are going to be near the top in cap space next year at $74M. They do have to work out that Dak, Cooper and Zeke deal but I have a feeling they'll be able to manage. With Collins - is he a LT or a RT? You're also going to have to give up resources in draft picks plus pay the guy a decent amount of money. If we think he's a franchise LT and he's better than Decker, it could make sense. I just can't see the Cowboys giving up a player of that caliber for cheap.

We might want AJ Green but I doubt that he'd want to come to us. A guy like Green will want to be on a team that is a contender. Seahawks, Chiefs, Colts, Texans all fit that bill with the cap space to handle it. He's a FA next year, so I don't expect the Bengals to get a ton out of it other than cap space.

Your probably right. Was trying to think of teams with big priorities that might have to let a good player go...

They also need to think about paying Byron Jones as well and jaylon Smith not sure they can sign everybody but maybe they can.

I'd love to see them make a splash and trade for someone.. think that might be what this team needs right now

17 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Your probably right. Was trying to think of teams with big priorities that might have to let a good player go...

They also need to think about paying Byron Jones as well and jaylon Smith not sure they can sign everybody but maybe they can.

I'd love to see them make a splash and trade for someone.. think that might be what this team needs right now

There's nothing wrong with trying to think outside of the box or trying to line up different opportunities. The Bears made that big trade for Mack and it arguably was the difference maker in their season. I don't see the Lions FO giving up that kind of haul. A part of the reason the Bears could make that move is because of the lower contract that they have at the QB position. It also just seems to be outside of the MO for Quinn and the NE guys.

If they can find a guy on the cheap (3rd round or less) then a trade could be an option. I expect a WR, CB or OG depending on how things go in camp/pre-season.

45 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

There's nothing wrong with trying to think outside of the box or trying to line up different opportunities. The Bears made that big trade for Mack and it arguably was the difference maker in their season. I don't see the Lions FO giving up that kind of haul. A part of the reason the Bears could make that move is because of the lower contract that they have at the QB position. It also just seems to be outside of the MO for Quinn and the NE guys.

If they can find a guy on the cheap (3rd round or less) then a trade could be an option. I expect a WR, CB or OG depending on how things go in camp/pre-season.

Easier to make those kinds of moves when your starting QB is still getting rookie wages

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Easier to make those kinds of moves when your starting QB is still getting rookie wages

True but they have to pay him sometime

I think we need to do something like the bears did but hopefully not as much draft capital.. if say we could get clowney and say lose Wagner's salary.. i know zip about cap... Stafford be willing to take a pay cut...to make it work

You'd think this would be a discussion if their seat is hot... better then wanting for draft picks to come along...