1-10 scale: how excited are you for the upcoming NFL season?

CKS97

9 hours ago, CKS97 said:

For me, it’s a 3. It would have been a 0 if not for the 100th anniversary stuff.

it’s hard for me to get excited over football going forward as long as the Patriots dynasty keeps going on.

Why bother getting my hopes up when I know the ending already?

They won 6 in 19 years, it you know the ending already. Just going to forget the years they didn’t win?

12 hours ago, CKS97 said:

For me, it’s a 3. It would have been a 0 if not for the 100th anniversary stuff.

it’s hard for me to get excited over football going forward as long as the Patriots dynasty keeps going on.

Why bother getting my hopes up when I know the ending already?

Watch something else then.

• Like 1

9. This is the first time in a long time where Browns fans felt good about the upcoming season, but we're Cleveland and used to disappointment. Still, there's a lot to be excited about.

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Watch something else then.

I will.

seriously, I have no desire to care about a watered down league where a 41 year old is at the top of his league because the NFL is soft.

Brady is the flag football GOAT

3 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

I will.

seriously, I have no desire to care about a watered down league where a 41 year old is at the top of his league because the NFL is soft.

Brady is the flag football GOAT

always a good day when you are mad. 

On 7.7.2019 at 9:43 AM, RavensfanRD said:

And for me, it's a 2. While I'm excited to see Lamar play, I miss the G.O.A.T Joe Flacco. Plus it's too many penalties and common sense has gone out the window when it comes to instant replay and stuff. Football has become increasingly phony as the years go by. They also don't give me a chance to miss. It's 24/7 and they focus on the wrong stuff, imo. Fantasy football and what players favorite colors are. Stupid stuff.

This is what turns me off as well. I am quite excited about football in general and love the draft process, and as a Ravens fan we are accustomed to always being in contention which makes most games crucial.

But the fantasy part of football annoy me, as it disrupts most arguments about players, and most argue from a standpoint of how many yards a player has or have many sacks a player gives up – instead of focusing on what actually happens in the game.

The stuff Brian Baldinger puts up on twitter is really good, but the focus on the casual fans is unambitious and I would like media to put more emphasis on parts that could educate viewers.

Regarding the actual play on the field, the NFL has a huge issue with referees being told to throw a flag if they think they see something, instead of calling plays as they see it.

There are way too many “illegal contact” “contact with a defenseless receiver” “player touched the QB 1 inch below the strikezone (despite the defender being pushed in the back)” calls that destroys the game – takes away big plays, all the while it does nothing to impact the actual safety of the game as players are penalized despite doing exactly what they should and hits are clean.

I don’t know if full time referees would make the difference, but it is crazy that a billion dollar industry like the NFL can’t find money to have full time referees to elevate that part of the game

• Like 1