So I played Madden 19 using updated Madden 20 rosters over the wk-end.

My buddy is an avid Madden player & been playing it since it's inception many years ago.

He downloaded an updated 2020 roster, including our *new* rookies & their ratings.

Which has been released by EA. You can look here: https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings

I played my buddy 1 full game & my brother 1st half. We played 5 min Qtrs.

Lost to my buddy 12-7 on the road(he's a Raiders fan) which is amazing, if you knew how good he is at Madden.

Was beating my brother 17-0 at the end of 1st half at home. (He's a Giants fan)

Some things of note, while playing those 2 games.

1) Sweat is an absolute monster. He has a 91 in speed. I think I recorded 4 sacks in those 1 1/2 games I played. 

2) Noticed I only allowed 12 pts in a 1 game & a 1/2? This defense is insane. I knew it would be good & I saw exactly what I thought I would see. TEAM SPEED....finally! Q. Dunbar decided to be good. Had 3 picks in the 1 1/2 games I played. 

3)Haskins has a major arm. He's throwing 75 yards with no problem. I believe he has an 89 throwing power. This is rare, with the new ratings system Madden has implemented in Madden 2020. Not many have an 89 in arm strength.

Terry McLaurin is a beast! His 93 in speed & overall talent, make him tough to defend. Didn't have a chance to use Harmon, but I will when the game is released Aug. 2nd.

Our Offensive line is pretty good. Shut down Raiders DE Clelin Ferrill. Wes has a 97 in strength or something like that. Yes, he's better than popcorn. Can't remember what Flowers rating was, but he was listed as a Guard.

AP is still a workhorse

Overall, the offense was good, but not elite. You have some weapons to use to help you score, but you'll need to work at it. Haskins provides a lot of deep long passing opportunities. Something Alex, nor Cousins could match. Terry McLaurin is a stud, though. No joke. He will provide Haskins quick strike opportunities.

But that defense is absolute awesomeness! I kid you not!

Our front 7 is ridiculous. Collins plays great. Our corners ..

Kerrigan & Sweat make it hard for anyone, to run to the edge. They seal it very well. They rush the passer like studs.

Allen, Payne & the Greek are all good.

Redskins have a top 5 defense in Madden 20. They are legit!

If this is anything like what we will see, in the real world?

You guys are crazy for predicting 4 or 5 wins this year.

Btw, I run Nickel packages as my base defense in Madden. Mix in a lot of man, zone & blitz.

I don't play online Madden, but don't be shocked? If the Redskins are one of the most used teams for people for online play.

There's very little to no weaknesses on that defense, when I used them.

Offense will be fun to use, but will take a little effort. Running game is deep, also.

Anyways, just thought I would share this info.

Edited by aceinthehouse

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m confused, I thought Madden 20 didn’t come out until July 31st?

He downloaded the roster update on madden 19. 

Looking forward to when 20 comes out. Used to play a ton but kids/ house/ wife ended that. Oldest is 7 now, him and his buds starting to get into it

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Did someone make up what players ratings will be in 20 or did EA release them?

I'm guessing someone made them up.  EA doesn't give free roster updates to their old games.  They make you buy the new game.  

I'm guessing someone made them up.  EA doesn't give free roster updates to their old games.  They make you buy the new game.  

The rookie ratings that were used in the 2019 roster update, are the same ones that will be in Madden 20.

Those are already out. I posted a link above.

• 3 weeks later...

So I downloaded the actual Madden 20 today and I’m playing it right now.  The Redskins have one of the bottom 5 rosters in the game based on OVR.  Not sure where the rosters you saw were coming from.

The actual game isn't released till Aug 2nd.

How are you playing it now?