Stupid in Question ?

RSkinGM

O K- he disciplined his child with a switch. I caught a few of those as a kid -- and had to go cut my own . I deserved everyone as I remember . 

Now this . You borrow money and promise to pay it back . Why do you need a court to tell you to do that ? Right is right and wrong is wrong.  I'm not sure I want to see this guy in burgundy and gold . He can take his act elsewhere. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/03/court-orders-redskins-adrian-peterson-pay-million-defaulted-loan/

Edited by RSkinGM

7 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

O K- he disciplined his child with a switch. I caught a few of those as a kid -- and had to go cut my own . I deserved everyone as I remember . 

Now this . You borrow money and promise to pay it back . Why do you need a court to tell you to do that ? Right is right and wrong is wrong.  I'm not sure I want to see this guy in burgundy and gold . He can take his act elsewhere. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/03/court-orders-redskins-adrian-peterson-pay-million-defaulted-loan/

If you read the article it says the loan was taken out by friends of Peterson’s in the name of this cooperation he had created.  Sounds like he trusted the wrong people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If you read the article it says the loan was taken out by friends of Peterson’s in the name of this cooperation he had created.  Sounds like he trusted the wrong people.

Happens way too often with NFL players.  These guys should cut bait with 90% of their "posse" once drafted.  

Why he hasn't paid it back yet is the question.  Spotrac has his career earnings at just under $100 million in salary and bonuses.  That's not counting money he received for endorsements, signings/appearances and jersey sales.  I hope he hasn't gone through it all that quickly.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Why he hasn't paid it back yet is the question. 

Because I suspect he hoped the judge would say that since it was opened in his name and not by him, he wasn't responsible for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because I suspect he hoped the judge would say that since it was opened in his name and not by him, he wasn't responsible for it.

I's imagine for that kind of capital ( and at 15% - just plain desperate for money ? ) his signature is on the document . 

• 3 weeks later...

So Peterson has wasted $100million in career earnings, plus endorsements and everything else before he's even done playing.  That's impressive.  

It look Clinton "I'm going to buy out a ton of golf course tee times despite the fact that I don't golf" Portis a couple years after playing to lose his.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 1:46 PM, Doc Draper said:

those loan terms are ridiculous even for an unsecured high risk arrangement. My ole pappy used to say: never co-sign a loan

I can attest to that. I did it once on a car for this girl I loved a decade ago, it was incredibly stupid. In the end I got stuck w/ the car payments bc she couldn’t pay them. Never again!

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I can attest to that. I did it once on a car for this girl I loved a decade ago, it was incredibly stupid. In the end I got stuck w/ the car payments bc she couldn’t pay them. Never again!

Young, dumb, and in love. I think we all have one of those at some point

• Like 3