How long do you give Flacco before Drew gets his chance?

PFM18

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Also Risner hasn’t signed because his agents want him to get more than Lock since he was picked a pick ahead of him. So Lock is affecting us getting both into camp. That’s ridiculous. 

Pretty sure Risner is signed as of today 

Realistically, we'll have Flacco until around week 12. Bad QB play is a hard thing to overcome, and while the team is very talented at many positions, will it be enough to overcome Flacco's deficiencies? Hard to say, but typically bottom 10 QB are a significant weight.

I can't say whether it will be his poor play or an injury that sidelines Flacco, but the former will keep him sidelined. Possibly earlier than week 12. If Flacco plays like he has for most of his career and the team is losing, I could see him pulled at the bye week. He has been regularly outplayed by rookie for most of his career, so I see no reason why Lock won't do the same. Though I happen to think Lock will develop much quicker than most seem to think.

Either way, I think the odds that Flacco plays the entire year are quite small, knowing what we do about him.

Edited by Ahhlucas

Lock is an idiot if he things trying to play hardball with Elway with be to his advantage - no player has ever won that one.

His should sign his contract - put his head down and work his *** off to prove he deserved to be a first round pick. If he proves he is an NFL calibre QB in 4 years time he will either sign a big contract with the Broncos or get a big contract somewhere else.

As for when Lock will replace Flacco - he has to get into the building before he does anything. I think Flacco will be decent in this offence. It is similar to the one Kubiak ran in Baltimore when Flacco had his best season. If he stays healthy I think he could play the entire season.

• Like 1

I think, day 1.  I think this will be a Russell Wilson vs. Matt Flynn situation where Drew Lock will come and shine from the start of TC, which will then result in the Broncos winning the Super Bowl this year.  While Lock will be lights out, he will benefit from a suffocating defense that will give up the least amount of points in league history.  

On 7/16/2019 at 12:26 PM, Counselor said:

Also Risner hasn’t signed because his agents want him to get more than Lock since he was picked a pick ahead of him. So Lock is affecting us getting both into camp. That’s ridiculous. 

Now that Risners in I'm good. Doesn't really make a difference with Lock. He's guaranteed a spot on the 53 and I doubt he'll have any impact on the team at all this year. 

For him personally, he needs to get into camp. Whatever his agent is quibbling about is chump change compared to Locks 2nd contract if he ends up being a legit NFL QB. All he'll do with a holdout is piss off some vets and hamper his own development. 

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Now that Risners in I'm good. Doesn't really make a difference with Lock. He's guaranteed a spot on the 53 and I doubt he'll have any impact on the team at all this year. 

For him personally, he needs to get into camp. Whatever his agent is quibbling about is chump change compared to Locks 2nd contract if he ends up being a legit NFL QB. All he'll do with a holdout is piss off some vets and hamper his own development. 

Lock signed today

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Lock is going to be just like Paxton Lynch and first year in Chicago Jay Cutler if he's lucky.

People under sell Jay Cutler way too much to compare Lock to him. I understand  Jay underachieved on his career as a whole compared to what he was viewed as early on. But, his arm is head and shoulders ahead of Lock. Jay had lazy footwork and still got away with it more often than not Lock doesn't have that luxury. 

If Lock doesn't get footwork, feel for the pocket, and quickening up his progressions he doesn't have the skills to just get by.

As far as Lock playing it will be sooner than 11 weeks. Our line is too paper thin for Flacco to survive. My hope is Scangarello got nick mullens playing adequately last year who was a udfa. With Lock he should have more to work with.

Edited by thebestever6

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

People under sell Jay Cutler way too much to compare Lock to him. I understand  Jay underachieved on his career as a whole compared to what he was viewed as early on. But, his arm is head and shoulders ahead of Lock. Jay had lazy footwork and still got away with it more often than not Lock doesn't have that luxury. 

If Lock doesn't get footwork, feel for the pocket, and quickening up his progressions he doesn't have the skills to just get by.

As far as Lock playing it will be sooner than 11 weeks. Our line is too paper thin for Flacco to survive. My hope is Scangarello got nick mullens playing adequately last year who was a udfa. With Lock he should have more to work with.

I dont think Lock has it between the ears for the most part. And he probably has the strongest arm in the draft class. That's half the reason Elway picked him. 

34 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I dont think Lock has it between the ears for the most part. And he probably has the strongest arm in the draft class. That's half the reason Elway picked him. 

Oh I agree, I worry about him having it in between the ears as well. There just seems to be something missing with him. I don't know if it's spatial ability, he just doesn't play with a rhythm it honestly seemed like the college game was too fast for him. 

I see that same Florida play over and over and yes that was a beautiful play but it was few a far between. 

Edited by thebestever6