2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

The Nats have the first WC and are 6 GB of the Braves. I don't think Doolittle is available for trade unless the Red Sox are offering a stupidly amazing deal.

I think relievers, especially closers, are going to cost a lot this deadline.

2 hours ago, crab1106 said:

Rumor of NYY asking about Stroman with Giles. I want no part of Giles. 

I feel like if Giles cant close, he cant do anything.

Better question is what are the Yankees willing to part with to get Stroman.

43 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I feel like if Giles cant close, he cant do anything.

Better question is what are the Yankees willing to part with to get Stroman.

I'm curious also. Id rather stay away from Clint and Deivi.

10 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'm really curious if the Giants bundle Will Smith and MadBum together for a deal. Its seems like every team thats interested in one would want the other too. Boston, Milwaukee, Atlanta, New York. 

It will almost certainly come up in discussions.  But every contending team in baseball could use Will Smith, so the Giants will have loads of offers to dig through.

13 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'm really curious if the Giants bundle Will Smith and MadBum together for a deal. Its seems like every team thats interested in one would want the other too. Boston, Milwaukee, Atlanta, New York. 

I hope not. I think I like packaging like Smith + Watson together for a better package. I think the overall return is better if Madbum is sent in a separate deal to someone and Smith and the rest of the bullpen pieces go elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

I don't think Bumgarner has much value at this point.

Typical rental value in my opinion. He's having a weird season. His hard hit rate is highest in the league, I think, but at the same time, his fastball velo is the highest its been in years, K:BB rate is one of the best of his career, etc. 

I'm not expecting a top top prospect or anything. I figure a solid prospect in AA or something, maybe a flier, something like that.