2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is he though? 

Eh...I mean, I think that there are guys like Stoman that you could make the case would be better targets just because he's having a nice year and may not cost as much, but I don't know that his season is actually "better" than MadBum's (suppose it depends on what you figures you put the most weight on). And it also depends on who is actively being shopped (not just "oh, we will listen to offers, but you better move the stars in order to convince us to go through with it). The low key guy that would probably be worth targeting would be Mike Minor if the Rangers sell off parts. 

59 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is he though? 

Yes, he is. He has had a few bad outings that make his stats look bad overall, but there are nights where he looks SHARP. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=bumgama01&t=p&year=2019 

Didnt have a great april but got better as the months went on. Recently he had one bad outing in Dodger stadium where I suspect they were stealing signs illegally (which means I suspect some sort of technology/electronics were in play). Bum's best asset is his deceptive release. Every pitch looks exactly the same until it reaches the plate. If you know what pitch is coming, he has lost his advantage. 

The guy is built for innings. He has a huge frame and his release is easy. The 3 quarter release keeps the pressure off his shoulders and his elbow. He is a workhorse who has had two freak injuries in his career, but has otherwise been healthy. He has shown he can pitch on short rest and have success. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I know we need some pitching help but I really don't want MadBum in our clubhouse. He's like the anti-Brewers player right now.

You can have Pablo Sandoval for something random. That's the type of player who would fit in!

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Would love Will Smith back but not sure we have the assets.

There are cheaper, still legit options in the Giants bullpen who are having solid seasons. I'll be honest, I'll legit be upset if we don't move at least 3 bullpen arms. 

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I know we need some pitching help but I really don't want MadBum in our clubhouse. He's like the anti-Brewers player right now.

yeah, your right, he can pitch and hit on the same day! Brewers cant seem to do either of those things on the same day this season. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

yeah, your right, he can pitch and hit on the same day! Brewers cant seem to do either of those things on the same day this season. 

Yeah...let's stop pretending he can actually hit...

You know what he is good at??? Getting pissy when he gets owned by Max Muncy.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah...let's stop pretending he can actually hit...

You know what he is good at??? Getting pissy when he gets owned by Max Muncy.

*Dr Evil quotation marks* "owned" It was a solo homerun in the first inning. He was 0-7 lifetime against MAD BUM before that.

If you are worried about him messing up a locker room, you are worried about the wrong thing. He can be a little prickly on the mound, sure, but the guy chops down trees with his **** in the offseason lol he is a competitor to the Nth degree

I am firmly in the brew crew bandwagon btw, and have been since last season. I am hoping they represent the NL in October this year.