2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah...let's stop pretending he can actually hit...

You know what he is good at??? Getting pissy when he gets owned by Max Muncy.

I mean, you would be pissy too if you actually had to go the ocean to get that ball back. That's a far walk. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

We've narrowed our starter search to Mad Bum and Zack Wheeler. They are reliant on Eovaldi being the closer when he comes back. Probably what is best for him and us.

Do you have anything that I should be excited about getting in return for Bum? 

The Dodgers, who sit atop the NL West at 60-32, reportedly are in the market for relief pitching and have "varying levels of interest in" Smith, Reyes Moronta, Tony Watson and Sam Dyson, MLB.com's Jon Morosi reported Wednesday, citing league sources.

Will Smith for Will Smith. Make it happen just so I can see it happen. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Zaidi has been quoted as saying trades within the division make more sense than trades outside the division because you make your rivals weaker in future years by acquiring their good prospects. 

I will puke if we trade will Smith to the dodgers and he helps them win in October. Just typing that made me feel like I need a shower. 

I mean, I understand the reasoning and the fact Zaidi knows their whole farm system, but goddamn if they win the WS and we get back some above average player but that guy doesn't help us win at least once... that would be a terrible trade for us. 

When is the last time the redsox and the Yankees made a trade? 

I can't believe we are having this discussion tbh

On 7/9/2019 at 11:43 PM, beekay414 said:

Would love Will Smith back but not sure we have the assets.

How are all of the prospects the giants traded to the Brewers doing? I know I was sad to see Lucius fox get traded... How's he doing? The giants need a shortstop of the future lol

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

How are all of the prospects the giants traded to the Brewers doing? I know I was sad to see Lucius fox get traded... How's he doing? The giants need a shortstop of the future lol

Fox was traded to the Rays in the Matt Moore deal, I believe (with Duffy)

Smith came over for Bickford and Susac. 

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

Well, we didn't get Lucius Fox. He got dealt to the Rays.

Bickford sucks/got suspended and we traded Andrew Susac to Baltimore after we DFA'd him.

Edited by beekay414

52 minutes ago, N4L said:

Zaidi has been quoted as saying trades within the division make more sense than trades outside the division because you make your rivals weaker in future years by acquiring their good prospects. 

I will puke if we trade will Smith to the dodgers and he helps them win in October. Just typing that made me feel like I need a shower. 

I mean, I understand the reasoning and the fact Zaidi knows their whole farm system, but goddamn if they win the WS and we get back some above average player but that guy doesn't help us win at least once... that would be a terrible trade for us. 

When is the last time the redsox and the Yankees made a trade? 

I can't believe we are having this discussion tbh

I'd trade with the Dodgers in a heartbeat. They have a good farm system. We aren't going to get their Smith for our Smith alone, I just want two players that have the same name to be traded for one another. But yeah, I have no problem with conducting deals with the Dodgers. Whatever gets us the best return. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. I really don't care whether or not the Dodgers win it all. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

The Dodgers, who sit atop the NL West at 60-32, reportedly are in the market for relief pitching and have "varying levels of interest in" Smith, Reyes Moronta, Tony Watson and Sam Dyson, MLB.com's Jon Morosi reported Wednesday, citing league sources.

Trade Watson, Dyson, or Will Smith all you want but Moronta shouldnt go anywhere.