Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dawgpoun8017

Nick Chubb ain’t no Scrub

Recommended Posts

As good as Ward and Baker have shown to be (and will continue to be), Chubb was kind of "my guy" when we took him.  If he stays healthy long-term, he is going to be a legend in the Land.  He's not really lacking in any area.  Best in the league after contact last year, which is crazy.  There were so many reasons to fire Hue, but chief among them was the three carries per game crap that kept going on no matter how effective Chubb was. 

If we can get a sustained dynasty going, there are going to be several names on this team off the top of my head that are likely to go down in Browns history as legends, jersey retirements, etc.  This is a new concept.  Baker, Chubb, Beckham, Garrett, Ward ... perennial pro bowl talents.  I'm getting ahead of myself, but we have some no doubt cornerstone pieces on this team.  It's crazy how overlooked seems to be looking ahead, though it makes sense with the guys that seem to attract the attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chubb coexisted quite well with Gurley and then Michel at Georgia.

Smart choice for an RB in the NFL.

The bigger issue is whether the dufus Hunt is as wise, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

As good as Ward and Baker have shown to be (and will continue to be), Chubb was kind of "my guy" when we took him.  If he stays healthy long-term, he is going to be a legend in the Land.  He's not really lacking in any area.  Best in the league after contact last year, which is crazy.  There were so many reasons to fire Hue, but chief among them was the three carries per game crap that kept going on no matter how effective Chubb was. 

If we can get a sustained dynasty going, there are going to be several names on this team off the top of my head that are likely to go down in Browns history as legends, jersey retirements, etc.  This is a new concept.  Baker, Chubb, Beckham, Garrett, Ward ... perennial pro bowl talents.  I'm getting ahead of myself, but we have some no doubt cornerstone pieces on this team.  It's crazy how overlooked seems to be looking ahead, though it makes sense with the guys that seem to attract the attention. 

His running style wont lend itself to a log career, I hope we use him wisely though and let him be explosive rather than just a power runner. 

The first time I was impressed with him was a pre season game, his numbers weren't great, but he made it past the los, and a lb thumped him with a free shot, chubb brushed it off and fell forward. He is definitely special, I hope we do right by him, get good olinemen and design some good runs for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

His running style wont lend itself to a log career, I hope we use him wisely though and let him be explosive rather than just a power runner. 

The first time I was impressed with him was a pre season game, his numbers weren't great, but he made it past the los, and a lb thumped him with a free shot, chubb brushed it off and fell forward. He is definitely special, I hope we do right by him, get good olinemen and design some good runs for him.

I think they will at least manage to not overwork him. With the weapons we have in the passing game and the depth in the backfield, I think they will have a pretty good game plan. Even before Kareem Hunt is available I would imagine. I’m really curious to see what the split up will be the second half of the season, if Kareem Hunt starts to get involved. That dude is way too talented to be a 3rd down RB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think they will at least manage to not overwork him. With the weapons we have in the passing game and the depth in the backfield, I think they will have a pretty good game plan. Even before Kareem Hunt is available I would imagine. I’m really curious to see what the split up will be the second half of the season, if Kareem Hunt starts to get involved. That dude is way too talented to be a 3rd down RB. 

Yeah Hunt is exactly what we’re all hoping Chubb will be when given a full season, you can’t expect to just give him 5-8 carries a game if he returns to form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

We won’t run enough to get to 1600. Maybe 1600 total yards. 

2011 saints had 5300 yards passing and 2000 yards rushing.  This was 8 years of offensive rule changes ago.  I think we’ll have 7000 yards of total offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×