Playoff team??

Buffalo Fan

Just wondering what the opinion is in this group??  I feel like we are a better team than the last 2 seasons under the Coach but I don't think we are a playoff team yet.  I think we need our O line to grow together and the TE position to develop and we need help on the outside (WR).  The D I expect to carry us to close games this season.  I expect them to jell quickly as they have grown over the last 2 seasons.  The only complaint I have on D is pass rush but again maybe we are an offseason away from fixing that too.  I don't see many holes on this team and I expect Josh Allen to develop into a quality type QB.  Once we get a stud on the outside ie WR I think that will help Josh Allen a lot.  This season is about development from our O line and our QB for me.  If we could see some upside in the 2nd half of the season I think we just miss the playoffs and then next season watch out!!!  That's if Josh Allen and the Offense develops well this season.  Our D is a pass rusher away IMO from being a top D in this league.  Thoughts??

I think this season is all about the development of Josh Allen. If he takes the next step and this offense is middle of the pack I think we can win 9-11 games which would put us right in the thick of the playoffs. If Allen doesn't really show much improvement from last season then I think we'll be in the 6-8 win range. These win predictions are assuming the defense is on par or better than last season, which I think is a reasonable expectation.

Josh Allen improves accuracy and is protected they get a wild card spot with a 10-6 record. They had the wr corps that led the league in drops and had one of the worst olines in the league. The d really hasnt changed and with milano coming back from injury, murphy now a year later from recovering from his acl injury the dline should be better then last year. The back 4-5 on def arent an issue and if anything have been stronger. With an easier schedule this is a no excuse year, if a wild card spot isnt on the table and they go 500 or under beane/mcdermott are on the hot seat.

I think the offense is going to struggle early on. Its a lot of different pieces and it will take time to gel. If the defense can have us 3-2 or at worst 2-3 going into the by I think we can push for 10 wins. 

The absolute floor with this team (as always, predicated on staying relatively healthy) should be 8 wins IMO. A lot of focus is on Foster from the receiving group, and for good reason, but I am expecting Zay to continue breaking out and become a mid level #1 wideout for us.  

• Like 1