Duke fires his agent

buno67

55 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think he is a good complimentary piece and while I'm sure he could have been used better I don't really think he was underused as far as touches. 130-150 touches per year are probably about right which is where he was his first 3 years. Last year Chubb took some carries while Hyde was starting and Landry took some short catches that Duke usually took. Hunt ruins his value completely when he comes back which is why Duke would prefer to be elsewhere, understandably. He just offers value until week 10 so it may not make sense to move him unless we are sure Hilliard can take his role.

I can see your point for last year, but the year before they could have ridden him like a rented mule.

No reason not to target him with 120 balls with the turdburgers we had playing receiver.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Splitting hairs at this point.

Duke is a good player, he’s been woefully underused his whole career.

Not irreplaceable or anything, but he can play.

I think he is good and better than a lot of guys on that list but I think we make him out to be better than what he is. A go to excuse has always been he has been woefully underused but he has had a lot of different OCs. I just think he isnt versatile as we think he is. Freddie was a very create guy last year and even he didnt increase the usage for Duke. I just think his lack of ability to be a true running threat, limits what you can do with him. He is solid 3rd down back gadget type of RB but you cant really build a lot of the offense around him. Might be why he is consdiered closer to a #3 RB than a #1 RB

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can see your point for last year, but the year before they could have ridden him like a rented mule.

No reason not to target him with 120 balls with the turdburgers we had playing receiver.

He is good at what he does but I don't think we could line him up in the slot and expect him to beat a nickel nearly as often as he can beat a LB coming out of the backfield. Sure, it wouldn't have hurt to try but he did have 93 targets in 2017 and 74 each year prior. If you do it too often it probably stops working. That is of course assuming he is a complimentary player, if you think he could be a marquee and thrive against the tough matchups then we really messed up but I don't think that is who he is.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

While I agree in general, that 4th does us no good in 2019.

It probably wouldnt even replace Duke and we would still be paying for him. Paying part of his salary and having a lesser player is bad economics. And I would know.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Is there anyone who really thinks that Johnson is at all essential to the team's success this season?

In the case that hunt doesnt make it to week 8 and chubb goes down I'd say johnson is valuable. 

Would you not agree?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Is there anyone who really thinks that Johnson is at all essential to the team's success this season?

I love duke, but no... once hunt returns duke is the 3rd option and to be honest Hilliard has looked like he could step right in and do what duke does

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

In the case that hunt doesnt make it to week 8 and chubb goes down I'd say johnson is valuable. 

Would you not agree?

Not really.

I just do not think he is so good that he cannot be replaced.