• Lakers
    • Jazz
    • Nuggets
    • Rockets
    • Bucks
    • 76ers
    • Raptors
    • Other (state)

As of right now, I'm going to go with the Clippers.  They're the best team in the west, imo.  They edge out the Lakers, who are the second best team.  No other team in the west matters outside of the Warriors (assuming they get Klay back and he plays at a high level).

The east is difficult to call.  It'll probably come down to Philly and the Bucks.  Boston can potentially have a say in things if Jayson Tatum takes the big step forward he has the potential to take.

Just now, champ11 said:

I think there is a clear talent gap between those teams and the Raptors as of now tbh 

Yes there is. They are all better than Toronto. I won’t deny that. 

Put this was a 9 team poll nearly a third of the league you don’t need to be like it’s silly to include Toronto when they might as well be the #3 seed in the east who would have a better chance than a potential 6th seed in the west. 

Eh I’ve been a little on edge today. Gotta respect this champs this isn’t Cleveland when LeBron left is my main point. 

Honestly I only think 4 teams can win it all this year (which is better than 1 or 1.5 the past 4-5 years). I’d say Clippers. 

No disrespect to your nuggs @champ11 I love a lot of those guys and I may be rooting for them this year come playoff time if they don’t let me down before the raptors do. My head says they ain’t gonna win though. 

7 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Yes there is. They are all better than Toronto. I won’t deny that. 

Put this was a 9 team poll nearly a third of the league you don’t need to be like it’s silly to include Toronto when they might as well be the #3 seed in the east who would have a better chance than a potential 6th seed in the west. 

I'd pick the Bucks, Sixers, Pacers, and Celtics all over the Raptors for sure. Nets, Magic, Heat, and Raptors round out the back half of the East, in what order, IDK.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd pick the Bucks, Sixers, Pacers, and Celtics all over the Raptors for sure. Nets, Magic, Heat, and Raptors round out the back half of the East, in what order, IDK.

The team was the 1 seed without Kawhi the year before. This is a really talented roster. They’re gonna win like 50 games in the regular season then struggle but escape in round one of the playoffs just like before. 

Bucks and 6ers sure. Pacers, Celtics and Raptors are about the same. Those 3 teams will finish between 3-6 and one of Brooklyn or Miami will be more real than the other. 

23 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Eh I’ve been a little on edge today. Gotta respect this champs this isn’t Cleveland when LeBron left is my main point. 

Honestly I only think 4 teams can win it all this year (which is better than 1 or 1.5 the past 4-5 years). I’d say Clippers. 

No disrespect to your nuggs @champ11 I love a lot of those guys and I may be rooting for them this year come playoff time if they don’t let me down before the raptors do. My head says they ain’t gonna win though. 

I think i'll most likely go this lifetime without seeing the nugs win a championship tbh so you don't need to apologize 

Nugs aren't winning a championship this year unless Murray makes a huuuuuuuge leap and I doubt that's coming. The team is frickin good and has a good shot at the #1 seed with their depth and continuity but just tough to see them being a championship team without a second star. I do think Jokic is good enough to be the best player on a chip team though. 

Warriors, Clippers, Lakers, 76ers, Bucks. Those are the only 5 contenders to me, in that ordah.

I think those 3 west teams are much better and have much better odds than the 76ers or Bucks, but somebody has to come out of the East. I am gonna bet on it being one of those 2 teams, and hey once you're in the Finals you've got a pretty damn good chance.

This is all assuming KD misses entire season, and I'm not up to date with that and whether it's confirmed or just very likely based on history.

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Dubs bro, Dubs.

Dubs are sitting back relaxing, greatly enjoying the lack of media attention for the first time in 5 years. It's like they can finally take a breath of freedom again. Breathe in, breathe out, ahhh...let the hype machine chase all these other teams and players for a change. 

39 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Warriors, Clippers, Lakers, 76ers, Bucks. Those are the only 5 contenders to me, in that ordah.

I think those 3 west teams are much better and have much better odds than the 76ers or Bucks, but somebody has to come out of the East. I am gonna bet on it being one of those 2 teams, and hey once you're in the Finals you've got a pretty damn good chance.

This is all assuming KD misses entire season, and I'm not up to date with that and whether it's confirmed or just very likely based on history.

The 76ers aren't a contender, imo.  They're one of the best teams in the east, but I can't see them actually winning a championship.  The Bucks are also kinda meh just based on what we saw the Raptors do to them in the Finals.  I'm not sure most teams could actually close the paint off from the Bucks like Toronto did, but the Clippers certainly could.  The Lakers might be able to as well.  Just can't see either one of those teams actually winning it all.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Sixers can contend if things go their way hopefully with Simmons developing and getting a player like Korver or someone else to shoot the 3 from the midseason buyout market. I'm interested to see how chemistry plays out for the Lakers, probably some early season growing pains, but they'll be a force by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Dubs are sitting back relaxing, greatly enjoying the lack of media attention for the first time in 5 years. It's like they can finally take a breath of freedom again. Breathe in, breathe out, ahhh...let the hype machine chase all these other teams and players for a change. 

This is my first offseason as a Dubs fan. Can’t handle the disrespect.

3 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

This is my first offseason as a Dubs fan. Can’t handle the disrespect.

Only now you're a warriors fan? Riiight. What team did you root for before? If you're just getting on now, you don't have a right to "be upset with the disrespect".

• Like 1