Aaron Rodgers is the easiest QB to sack

Activated10

Aaron Rodgers was sacked 49 times last season and was on pace to be sacked more than 50 times in 2017 despite playing in just seven games.

Carl Lawson, an edge rusher for the Cincinnati Bengals, sacked Rodgers 2.5 times in 2017. The defensive end told NFL Network's Good Morning Football that Rodgers is actually easier to sack than some other quarterbacks despite his mobility because he's always looking for the big play.

"Honestly, I think it's easier to sack Aaron Rodgers than most quarterbacks," Lawson said. "He sits there, and he pats the ball. At the same time, sacking him don't mean nothing if you don't do it for four quarters. You know, he came back against us.

"So, I mean, he's an easier quarterback for me to sack personally, because he sits there, and he probably gets eight to 10 yards in the pocket. He's got a great left tackle in (David Bakhtiari). So, he just sits there, he waits, he waits, getting that read. When he gets sacked, he doesn't get flustered. I only saw him get frustrated maybe one time when I did sack him, which was the third and a half sack that they took off (negated by a penalty)..."

I’ll say it before the Packers fans do: hard to separate Rodgers holding the ball and Mike McCarthy openly making bad playcalls that either A) are long developing and require time, or B) are poorly designed, forcing Rodgers to create on his own. 

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but you’re going to get both extremes ITT.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’ll say it before the Packers fans do: hard to separate Rodgers holding the ball and Mike McCarthy openly making bad playcalls that either A) are long developing and require time, or B) are poorly designed, forcing Rodgers to create on his own. 

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but you’re going to get both extremes ITT.

It's not as hard as you would think. Rodgers holds the ball like a MFer, even the anti MM folks are starting to admit that at this point. 

He’s gotten by on raw physical ability for so long that this all or nothing style he plays with has sustainably worked. It won’t as he continues to age through his 30’s and he likely won’t play a full 16 games in a season on a consistent basis either. 

We want to succeed? AR needs to stay healthy. IMO the best way to achieve that is to run a more synchronized, not necessarily "quick hitting" - but faster offense - than years past.

YAC A *big* stat for me this year.

Use ARs intelligence and passing accuracy (or what used to be top tier passing accuracy) to get the ball out of his hands and into those with the jets.

Well to be fair would you rather have Rodgers holding the ball to long, extending  and trying to make plays? Or a QB like Eli Manning folding like a chair , deer in Headlights  at the first inkling of a potential hit?

Rodgers is absolutely guilty of trying to go big play , TD over the check down. While it would be nice not to take the hits (Wentz included), numerous QB do it. It's just how they're wired.

Ben, Wentz, Luck, Wilson, ect..

3 hours ago, Elky said:

QBs need to stop worrying about the stat sheet and throw the ball away if nothing materializing.

Well boy do I have news for you! Aaron is not only the easiest QB to sack, and he also set a record last year for most passes thrown away! 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Elky said:

QBs need to stop worrying about the stat sheet and throw the ball away if nothing materializing.

I'm still convinced that every Sunday, the same person kidnaps Joe Flacco's family and tells him if throws A SINGLE pass away they'll be executed. I can't come up with any other reason why, after like 10 years in the NFL the dude won't throw the damn ball away.

• 2 weeks later...