Bears Need More From Floyd This Season

soulman

All I have to go on is either their Combine weigh in or at what weight the Bears list them at now.  We know Combine weight is accurate as reported but after that it's anyone's guess.

Nichols Combine weight was 306lbs but the Bears list him at 290lbs.  I'll split the difference and say he goes 298-300lbs.

Goldman's Combine weight was 336lbs but the Bears list him at 320lbs now.  Since Goldman himself said the Bears asked him to drop some weight after they drafted him I can buy the 320lbs.

Akiem Hicks Combine weight was 318lbs and the Bears list him at 332lbs now which seems far more accurate if not light.  He has a lot of ballast below the waist too and he's bigger than Eddie Goldman.

So who really knows what these guy truly weigh and exactly how tall they are.  Even Leonard Floyd who measured 6'6" is now listed as being 6'4".  I typically use whatever height and weight the Bears list them at accurate or not.  It's all we have to go on.

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure why people outside Chicago aren't seeing it.

Always consider the source. Those outside Chicago doubting what the Bears have here on defense almost all fall into one of three categories: 

-Those with clicks and views to generate 

-Fans of division or conference competition 

-John Fox 

4 hours ago, soulman said:

All I have to go on is either their Combine weigh in or at what weight the Bears list them at now.  We know Combine weight is accurate as reported but after that it's anyone's guess.

Nichols Combine weight was 306lbs but the Bears list him at 290lbs.  I'll split the difference and say he goes 298-300lbs.

Goldman's Combine weight was 336lbs but the Bears list him at 320lbs now.  Since Goldman himself said the Bears asked him to drop some weight after they drafted him I can buy the 320lbs.

Akiem Hicks Combine weight was 318lbs and the Bears list him at 332lbs now which seems far more accurate if not light.  He has a lot of ballast below the waist too and he's bigger than Eddie Goldman.

So who really knows what these guy truly weigh and exactly how tall they are.  Even Leonard Floyd who measured 6'6" is now listed as being 6'4".  I typically use whatever height and weight the Bears list them at accurate or not.  It's all we have to go on.

On Bears 100 he was asked about his weight.  He said he doesnt know where they got 290 from.  Last time he weighed that was in college.  He said he slimed down to 305 and was trying to be lean without losing power. 

39 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

On Bears 100 he was asked about his weight.  He said he doesnt know where they got 290 from.  Last time he weighed that was in college.  He said he slimed down to 305 and was trying to be lean without losing power. 

Well that settles that.  I blame Jerry Angelo, Phil Emery, John Fox and Marc Trestman.  They're used to it.

I think Floyd is going to have a monster year assuming no injuries. He was better than Mack in the final 6 weeks of the season + the PHI game. I'm sure a lot has to do with Goldman, Hicks, Mack, and Smith but he was doing some freaky things on the field. Pagano is a little more creative than Fangio and I expect Floyd to benefit from it.

With that being said, after 2019 he's one year away from FA (iirc) and perhaps if they plan on letting him walk with arguably more important players needing new deals soon, I'd bet they could get a good draft pick or two in return after this coming year if his season is too good.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

He was better than Mack in the final 6 weeks of the season + the PHI game. 

By what measure exactly was he better than Mack in that stretch? Floyd had less tackles, sacks and FF. Mack played just 12 more snaps than Floyd over that stretch and faced constant double and triple teams where Floyd seldom if ever saw them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

By what measure exactly was he better than Mack in that stretch? Floyd had less tackles, sacks and FF. Mack played just 12 more snaps than Floyd over that stretch and faced constant double and triple teams where Floyd seldom if ever saw them. 

Mack seemed to be slightly worn out in the final 3 weeks likely due to a lack of an offseason catching up with him. Floyd was all over the field and his athleticism was on full display. I could be wrong but I believe Floyd and Hicks led the Bears in pressures in December + PHI game.