Is the NFL worth watching anymore?

CKS97

2 hours ago, Hail Mary said:

As much as I'd love to see Green Bay make it to the SB and win it, that's not all it's about.

Waking up on a Sunday afternoon to watch my team play and go through the ups and downs with them is part of the the fun of watching the sport. Having a game to look forward to, rivalries between fandoms/teams etc.

If all you're focused on is the end goal, you're missing a big chunk of what makes being a fan fun.

It’s no longer fun unless you’re a Patriots fan. For them, they think SB’s are their birthright.

Most entitled brats in sports

2 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

It’s no longer fun unless you’re a Patriots fan. For them, they think SB’s are their birthright.

As someone who’s genuinely concerned for you... have you considered talking to someone about this? This seems to be a very serious issue for you. 

Edited by rfournier103

tbh is this guy worse than the “why tf the football man no stand up for flag song” people

seriously if you don’t like football you can choose to not watch it nobody forces you to watch the nfl as you’ve said... your attitude towards the sport and balance is seriously out of whack... as someone that supports the steelers, who’ve been the ***** more or less of the patriots for as long as brady’s been around, i hate the patriots as a team and wish the steelers had that success

however

the patriots are great too! it’s awesome to have a villain, a team to root against, a team that when they make the big game, i unite with ravens fans and eagles fans and bengals and jaguars to root against! the game against the pats last year when haden intercepted the goat near the goal line was probably my favourite steelers game of the year

on top of this, yes it’s a bit blegh as a non pats fan to see them win all the time. but tbh i can say that years from now, looking back, i’ll smile when i think i got to live and watch an all time great dynasty, and arguably the greatest run team in pro sports history. and not many people can say that*

*everyone alive now can say it

On 7/11/2019 at 4:20 PM, CKS97 said:

No fun for you maybe? I rather enjoyed 2017 because of the Patriots!! Just saying.

My lack of enjoyment in 2018 had absolutely nothing what so ever to do with the NE Patriots. Rather the absurd M*A*S*H unit do to injuries the Eagles were forced to put on the field. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

the patriots are great too! it’s awesome to have a villain, a team to root against, a team that when they make the big game, i unite with ravens fans and eagles fans and bengals and jaguars to root against! the game against the pats last year when haden intercepted the goat near the goal line was probably my favourite steelers game of the year

on top of this, yes it’s a bit blegh as a non pats fan to see them win all the time. but tbh i can say that years from now, looking back, i’ll smile when i think i got to live and watch an all time great dynasty, and arguably the greatest run team in pro sports history. and not many people can say that*

This is true.  Watching the Titans stomp the Pats last year was the most satisfying game I've watched in a long time.

And yeah, there's something for the historic nature of it too.  I was rooting for the Pats in 07, even though I hate them, because I wanted to see a perfect season, and that opportunity ain't coming around again for a long time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

Years from now, looking back, i’ll smile when i think i got to live and watch an all time great dynasty, and arguably the greatest run team in pro sports history. and not many people can say that*

Yeah right

I’ll be saying to everyone that I was unlucky to sit through the biggest reign of terror in spirits  history and that my kids were lucky to not sit through this joyless reign.

living through this dynasty and this legendary run has been not something to smile about, but rather frown about

dynasties suck. Give me parity any day of the week instead of the same old same old

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

This is true.

No, it's Alabama's turn to win the National Championship.  That's the way it goes.  Every year, we're all subjected to either a Bama National Championship, or a Pats Super Bowl victory, but luckily it's not both.  This year is Bama's turn.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

No, it's Alabama's turn to win the National Championship.  That's the way it goes.  Every year, we're all subjected to either a Bama National Championship, or a Pats Super Bowl victory, but luckily it's not both.  This year is Bama's turn.

Only since 2014 though

You wanna talk DYNASTIES?  Okay. Let’s do it. 

Between 1921 and 1964, the New York Yankees appeared in TWENTY-NINE (29) World Series, and won TWENTY (20) of them. That’s twenty championships in 43 years. That’s one almost every other year. 

This was in an era where the team that won the most games in the regular season AUTOMATICALLY advanced to the World Series. No playoffs. No wild cards. No upsets. Talk about having no reason to watch...  How’s that for a dynasty?

Let us look at the Montreal Canadiens. Between 1953 and 1960, they won the Stanley Cup six times in eight years - including five in a row! The Canadiens went on another run between 1965 and 1979. They won the Stanley Cup ten times in fourteen years, including four in a row between ‘76 and ‘79, and they were frighteningly dominant as they did it. Beasts!

We also have the Boston Celtics dynasty from 1957 to 1969. Eleven titles in 13 seasons, including EIGHT IN A ROW. Amazing.

The Patriots “Dynasty” is six Super Bowls in seventeen seasons. Meh. I prefer to call them the “Team of the Decade” for the 2000s and the 2010s.

The people complaining about the Patriots having a stranglehold on the NFL just don’t get it. The Patriots have won two out of three, and then won three out of five ten years later. Teams OTHER than the Patriots won in 2002; 2005; 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011; 2012; 2013; 2015; and 2017.

Ok. The Patriots have won 33% of the championships since the turn of the century, but that’s nothing compared to the Yankees; Canadiens; and Celtics. 

I really wish the Patriots were as good as the haters think they are!

• Like 2