Is the NFL worth watching anymore?

CKS97

I don't see why it isn't. I mean, if you're not enjoying it any more, then sure, maybe you should take a time out. The Pats don't win it every year or anything. Plus, honestly, what do I care if they do? Does that take away my enjoyment from when the 49ers play the Seahawks? Honestly, who ultimately ends up winning the entire thing doesn't matter for me personally. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Like, why should we get excited for a 5 month show and dance when we all know that apparently tom Brady and Bill belichick are literally the only things that matter in the National Foxboro league?

as long as they are around, why should we care about all the games? After all, we practically know the ending. It’s July and we might as well just plan another Foxboro parade.

How much Bengals football did you have to watch to get to this state?

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

At no point going into a season has it been more probable than not (i.e. >50%) that any single team would win the SB. 

The Pats are not and have never been like the Warriors from the last couple years in the NBA where they were odds on favorites. There is much more variance in this sport and they could be knocked out any given playoff game.

If the NFL had NBA cap rules, it would be much more likely that the Pats would win it every year but right now they are in the mix every year but there are zero guarantees come playoff time. The roster changes from year to year are also too big (because of the cap) to safely predict anything.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

People underestimate how much losing Gronk will impact New England. He was unguardable and Brady’s go to guy in the 4th quarter when things got tight.

Gronk last season wasn't NEARLY the threat he was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Gronk last season wasn't NEARLY the threat he was.

He didn't have to be the Gronk or Threat of old. He still demanded Dbl Teams and was the Best Run blocking TE in the NFL. His impact on the game might not of lite up the Box Scores or to peoples Fantasy Football likings, but the loss will impact Brady , the Run game and that team.

They'll overcome it like usual but it will effect them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He didn't have to be the Gronk or Threat of old. He still demanded Dbl Teams and was the Best Run blocking TE in the NFL. His impact on the game might not of lite up the Box Scores or to peoples Fantasy Football likings, but the loss will impact Brady , the Run game and that team.

They'll overcome it like usual but it will effect them.

His blocking prowess is what will be missed for sure, but I do wonder if there's a way to see how much double teams he faced last season.

As much as I'd love to see Green Bay make it to the SB and win it, that's not all it's about.

Waking up on a Sunday afternoon to watch my team play and go through the ups and downs with them is part of the the fun of watching the sport. Having a game to look forward to, rivalries between fandoms/teams etc.

If all you're focused on is the end goal, you're missing a big chunk of what makes being a fan fun.

• Like 5