Official USC Trojans Thread ?

TheRealMcCoy

IMO our most important game of the season coming up this Saturday against Stanford. If the WMU game is any indication of the way Clancy is going to play heavy run teams and the way our front 7 is going to tackle we are in for a long game this week. 

I hope we went some what vanilla against WMU to save something for the Furd but I do not like playing them this early in the year. If Darnold and the WR's have a game like they did last week we are gonna be in trouble. We need to run the ball like we did with RoJo and Carr going off, keep our offense on the field.

This week is gonna go a long way in setting the tone for the season, is it another overhyped preseason or are we the real deal? Fatu, Marlon T, and Bigelow need to play big and we need to set the edge waaaaay better than we did this past week w/ Gustin and Nwosu. Didn't even notice Wole out there at all. Wonder who gets the start next to Cam Smith this week, my guess is on Iosefa not Houston. 

On 9/9/2017 at 4:40 PM, romo2bryant said:

Coming to the USC vs Texas game next weekend. Anyone know any cool High School games to go check out?

Hmm interesting... 

tenor.gif

Well, Texas has a QB commit from CA & that is Cameron Rising.

He plays on Friday at 7 p.m. in Newbury Park, but his HS is about an hour from the Coliseum. Not sure if you wanna make that drive.

Mater Dei is the most talented team in California and maybe the country, but their game starts when USC Texas should be in the 4th quarter, so that's a no go.

The next most talented team is likely St. John Bosco, but their game starts just before USC Texas, so that's won't do either.

There is Long Beach Poly vs. Mission Viejo, but again its like an hour drive south of the Coliseum.

Poly is actually Snoop Dogg's alma mater (along with other famous ppl) and he is still proactive with the program. He was actually at their practice this past week.

Both recruits pictured here are new talented new transfers. They were 5*, but Corral got dropped to a 4* for whatever reason this summer.

They were considered locks for USC, but that is no longer the case. 

Corral (left) had to leave the private school that he had a scholarship to play at, cause he got into an altercation with Wayne Gretzky's son who was apparently had been messing with him and things got a little heated at a school basketball game and Gretzky's kid told and got Corral kicked out cause Wayne donates a lot of $$$ to the school and they took his side.

Jalen Hall (right) along with another 4* safety recruit came to Poly cause their were sanctions being brought against their HS for transfer eligibility stuff and their coach left.

They have other talented recruits for 2018 like Camren McDonald (4*) and Aashari Crosswell (4*). For 2019 they have what I think are twins that are a 4* and 3* respectively.

Mission Viejo has some talent too though. Their highest rated recruit is cornerback, Olaijah Griffin, who is actually the son of Warren G.

Thought he was gonna end up at USC, but he committed to UCLA this summer before his Senior season.

Austin Osborne (WR) is a 4* and Viejo's next highest rated recruit. He is a good route runner and committed to Washington.

After that they have Jarrett Patterson who is a tackle that is committed to Arizona State and Chris Mitchell that is a 3* safety with a Notre Dame offer.

The next game you might be interested in is with Centennial vs. Narbonne and it takes place in Corona (Friday - 7:30 p.m.) which is where I'm from.

Centennial is a California power and where Vontaze Burfict went to HS. Well, Centennial has some highly ranked recruits this go around too.

They have the 4th highest ranked QB according to the 247 composite (Corral is 5th) in Tanner McKee. He actually has interest in Texas.

Narbonne is a good program and their highest rated recruit is Raymond Scott (4* LB) that is committed to USC. He actually didn't play last week cause his mom just passed away from cancer. I'm not sure if he suits up this Friday either because of it.

They also have Jonah Tauanu'u who is a tackle and ranked 62nd in the nation for the 2019 class right now.

Hope this helps!!

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 4:42 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hmm interesting... 

tenor.gif

Well, Texas has a QB commit from CA & that is Cameron Rising.

He plays on Friday at 7 p.m. in Newbury Park, but his HS is about an hour from the Coliseum. Not sure if you wanna make that drive.

Mater Dei is the most talented team in California and maybe the country, but their game starts when USC Texas should be in the 4th quarter, so that's a no go.

The next most talented team is likely St. John Bosco, but their game starts just before USC Texas, so that's won't do either.

There is Long Beach Poly vs. Mission Viejo, but again its like an hour drive south of the Coliseum.

Poly is actually Snoop Dogg's alma mater (along with other famous ppl) and he is still proactive with the program. He was actually at their practice this past week.

Both recruits pictured here are new talented new transfers. They were 5*, but Corral got dropped to a 4* for whatever reason this summer.

They were considered locks for USC, but that is no longer the case. 

Corral (left) had to leave the private school that he had a scholarship to play at, cause he got into an altercation with Wayne Gretzky's son who was apparently had been messing with him and things got a little heated at a school basketball game and Gretzky's kid told and got Corral kicked out cause Wayne donates a lot of $$$ to the school and they took his side.

Jalen Hall (right) along with another 4* safety recruit came to Poly cause their were sanctions being brought against their HS for transfer eligibility stuff and their coach left.

They have other talented recruits for 2018 like Camren McDonald (4*) and Aashari Crosswell (4*). For 2019 they have what I think are twins that are a 4* and 3* respectively.

Mission Viejo has some talent too though. Their highest rated recruit is cornerback, Olaijah Griffin, who is actually the son of Warren G.

Thought he was gonna end up at USC, but he committed to UCLA this summer before his Senior season.

Austin Osborne (WR) is a 4* and Viejo's next highest rated recruit. He is a good route runner and committed to Washington.

After that they have Jarrett Patterson who is a tackle that is committed to Arizona State and Chris Mitchell that is a 3* safety with a Notre Dame offer.

The next game you might be interested in is with Centennial vs. Narbonne and it takes place in Corona (Friday - 7:30 p.m.) which is where I'm from.

Centennial is a California power and where Vontaze Burfict went to HS. Well, Centennial has some highly ranked recruits this go around too.

They have the 4th highest ranked QB according to the 247 composite (Corral is 5th) in Tanner McKee. He actually has interest in Texas.

Narbonne is a good program and their highest rated recruit is Raymond Scott (4* LB) that is committed to USC. He actually didn't play last week cause his mom just passed away from cancer. I'm not sure if he suits up this Friday either because of it.

They also have Jonah Tauanu'u who is a tackle and ranked 62nd in the nation for the 2019 class right now.

Hope this helps!!

Yeah I was hoping to see a Bosco, Long Beach Poly, Dei. How far is the centennial game? 

thanks again man.

5 hours ago, romo2bryant said:

Yeah I was hoping to see a Bosco, Long Beach Poly, Dei. How far is the centennial game? 

thanks again man.

According to google all 3 of the games I mentioned are about an hour away from the Coliseum. 

I would go to the Poly/Viejo game if I were you. It makes the most sense and will have the most college players in it.

And, no problem. Enjoy the Coliseum and whatever HS game you might go to.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, thelawoffices said:

I'm worried we'll be in for a long night on Friday if Burnett can't go.

I highly doubt he doesn't go, seems like its more rest than anything serious. Joseph Lewis also back after ribs kept him out of last weeks game. Excited to see him, Vaughns and Burnett on the field at the same time. 

No Gustin again, not looking to good for his return anytime soon. Rector has been stepping up which is nice. Team has to come out with some fire this game, we have to get pressure on Falk or it'll be a long night. 

• 2 years later...
23 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Eagles are apparently interviewing Graham Harrell for our opening at OC.

Any information you guys could give me I would appreciate.

well he runs the Air Raid and has improved North Texas and USC. Learned it from Gundy and Leach. If the Eagles hire him, expect a very pass happy offense.