Who do you choose in 2019: Rodgers or Ryan?

Monoxide

2019 only: Rodgers or Ryan?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take?

• Matt Ryan
    • Aaron Rodgers

22 hours ago, Monoxide said:

Reality. And not taking into account the talent/coaching surrounding them.

In this case its Rodgers rather easily. If the question is who will have a better season based on all variables? The answer would still be Rodgers but more like a 51% to 49% category and really that's more a homer predication as I think its actually 50-50. 

Rodgers. Whatever reservations anyone may have about his personality, he’s a far superior QB. The only thing that makes me go “hmmm” is Rodgers’ injury history. He gets nicked up pretty often, even if he plays through it most of the time. 

May change based on which team you root for. A talented team that just needs an upgrade at QB  (like Dallas or Chicago) might be better off with Ryan, for durability. A team that needs to be carried? You have to roll with Rodgers.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Rodgers. Whatever reservations anyone may have about his personality, he’s a far superior QB. The only thing that makes me go “hmmm” is Rodgers’ injury history. He gets nicked up pretty often, even if he plays through it most of the time. 

May change based on which team you root for. A talented team that just needs an upgrade at QB  (like Dallas or Chicago) might be better off with Ryan, for durability. A team that needs to be carried? You have to roll with Rodgers.

Did you see much of Rodgers' play last year?  It would be a stretch to say he was even an average QB in a number of games last year.  There was a time when he was considerably better than Matt Ryan, but that hasn't been the case for a few years now.  I think it's just too easy to try and blame the coach for everything.  Rodgers was missing a lot of easy throws that all NFL QB's should be able to make and you can't blame the coach for that.

Edited by Uncle Buck