NBA News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

you were dismissing him in the same way **shrug** 

i don't really want to argue about it but idk why you would even bring it up lol 

I never once brought up him not having a college degree as some big deal. I just think he’s a clown for how he handled the AD situation and basically let his ego get in the way of being ADs agent. 

53 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I never once brought up him not having a college degree as some big deal. I just think he’s a clown for how he handled the AD situation and basically let his ego get in the way of being ADs agent. 

you didn't bring up a college degree...you just said he wasn't qualified and is only where he is at because of his relationship with bron. not the same at all 

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

My views on Rich Paul are pretty widely known, but this whole college degree thing is so stupid. 

people calling it the rich paul rule are silly. rich paul doesn't sign dudes who 'test the water'. 

He might literally not have a single player on his client list that the rule would've affected when he signed them. 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, champ11 said:

you didn't bring up a college degree...you just said he wasn't qualified and is only where he is at because of his relationship with bron. not the same at all 

Nothing to do with a college degree. He had literally zero experience in anything to do with being a sports agent, he was incredibly unqualified to be the sports agent for the best basketball player in the world lol in what way was he qualified? 

56 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Nothing to do with a college degree. He had literally zero experience in anything to do with being a sports agent, he was incredibly unqualified to be the sports agent for the best basketball player in the world lol in what way was he qualified? 

lolll. you just proved my point my dude

Edited by champ11
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ummm...he worked for Leon Rose and CAA for 4 years.

But yeah, no qualifications.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, champ11 said:

lolll. you just proved my point my dude

I really didn’t. You can be qualified without a college degree. I didn’t realize Paul had worked with CAA, so I was incorrect that he was unqualified but again... his college degree or lack of has nothing to do with him being qualified.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I really didn’t. You can be qualified without a college degree. I didn’t realize Paul had worked with CAA, so I was incorrect that he was unqualified but again... his college degree or lack of has nothing to do with him being qualified.

of course. it goes without saying that I agree with that. i've been the one that's been on the correct side of this discussion the whole time. 

i called out your post because you said the NCAA was wrong even though you've been saying stuff in the exact same vein about Rich Paul....which you ended up doing in your response on this page. you can post through it or we can just move on

5 hours ago, champ11 said:

of course. it goes without saying that I agree with that. i've been the one that's been on the correct side of this discussion the whole time. 

i called out your post because you said the NCAA was wrong even though you've been saying stuff in the exact same vein about Rich Paul....which you ended up doing in your response on this page. you can post through it or we can just move on

I’ve insulted Rich Paul for how he handled the AD stuff. He literally isn’t where he is without Lebron lol that’s a fact. He was selling basketball jerseys at an airport in Ohio before he became friends with Lebron. 

Thats different than the NCAA saying you can’t be a sports agent without a college degree. I don’t think any less of Rich Paul because he needed connections to get to his current placement, that’s literally part of life. I think less of Rich Paul because he let his ego get in the way and made his client look like an absolute jerk. 

18 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I’ve insulted Rich Paul for how he handled the AD stuff. He literally isn’t where he is without Lebron lol that’s a fact. He was selling basketball jerseys at an airport in Ohio before he became friends with Lebron. 

Thats different than the NCAA saying you can’t be a sports agent without a college degree. I don’t think any less of Rich Paul because he needed connections to get to his current placement, that’s literally part of life. I think less of Rich Paul because he let his ego get in the way and made his client look like an absolute jerk. 

Because he got exactly what his client wanted?  Sure.  That sounds like the exact opposite of the job the agent is supposed to do.  You're just upset becase he froze Ainge from making a legitimate offer.  If Rich Paul was trying to get Anthony Davis to the Celtics, and he did you'd be talking about him as a genius.

• Like 1