NBA News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Because he got exactly what his client wanted?  Sure.  That sounds like the exact opposite of the job the agent is supposed to do.  You're just upset becase he froze Ainge from making a legitimate offer.  If Rich Paul was trying to get Anthony Davis to the Celtics, and he did you'd be talking about him as a genius.

He got him where he wanted to be.

He also made him look like a complete ****** in the process.

He could’ve done the first part without doing the second part.

49 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He got him where he wanted to be.

He also made him look like a complete ****** in the process.

He could’ve done the first part without doing the second part.

Could he? No other agent of a big time player demanding a trade got their players where they wanted to be by simply playing nice.

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Could he? No other agent of a big time player demanding a trade got their players where they wanted to be by simply playing nice.

You can not play nice and not make your client look like a jerk. The “That’s All Folks” shirt didn’t help AD get to LA but it sure made him look like a jerk.

Putting all the trade talk out in the open because your ego is bruised because a GM asked his player about a trade demand isn’t exactly what I’d call professional.

I don’t love Rich Paul because I think he dragged AD through the mud, unnecessarily. Saying “AD won’t sign in Boston” isn’t a bad move, it benefits both parties and I appreciate AD being candid with that. It’s the other stuff that makes me dislike Paul. AD went from a quiet humble star to looking like a complete clown because of his agent, and that’s a shame. 

Tyronn Lue is reportedly nearing an agreement with the Clippers to serve as a top assistant on Doc Rivers' staff. Lue has a long history with Rivers, as he's served as an assistant coach on his staff with both the Celtics and Clippers, so his transition should be seamless. It is humorous that in the end, Lue will indeed wind up coaching in Los Angeles, despite pulling out of an opportunity to serve as the head coach of the Lakers earlier this summer.

Josh Richardson will play into the revenge game narrative when he makes his return to Miami as a member of the 76ers next season. "Honestly, when I come back [to Miami], I want to kill the Heat," Richardson said. "I want to beat them by 20. That’s just how I’m built." The 76ers will have two games against the Heat in Philly next year before they head down to Florida in late-December.

Bol Bol is reportedly expected to sign a two-way contract with the Nuggets this season. It's very uncommon for a player drafted in the middle of the second round to ink a two-way deal, but it sounds like the Nuggets don't think Bol is ready to handle the rigors of the NBA. They apparently want him to get fully healthy and put on weight, as he works with the coaching staff in the G League. The two-way deal means he'll spend a majority of his rookie year in the G-League.