NBA News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Just seems super strange to me though. He had all of the leverage if he demanded a trade at the deadline this year. Could've forced himself to a good team and got a longer + bigger contract extension from his new team. Now he'll be stuck with a mediocre team unless Wall returns to form or they're able to move his deal, both of which seem unlikely. 

Everyone was just projecting what they thought he should do....maybe he just really likes Washington and is just a loyal dude. Nothing wrong with that 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Poor Bradley. He's been brainwashed.

I honestly thought that he was going to force his way out at the deadline. I haven't seen it mentioned but I thought a potential Brad Beal / D'Angelo Russell swap at the All-Star break would've worked out well for both teams. Salaries matched up perfectly and I think it'd be a good fit for all parties. Washington would've gotten a 23-year-old All-Star level combo guard to build around going forward, under contract for 3.5 years. While Golden State would've gotten that legit #2 scorer, who is also a much better fit in their system, IMO.

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Everyone was just projecting what they thought he should do....maybe he just really likes Washington and is just a loyal dude. Nothing wrong with that 

Definitely not anything wrong with it, but he basically eliminated any chance of winning a title in his prime. If he goes to Denver or GS , he had a legit chance at a ring this season.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

How is there any downside to Washington? I believe it makes him more of a trade asset and it appears as of now he is committed to the organization 

A one year extension doesn't really say I'm committed to the org. lol

I didn't say it was bad for WAS just the worst of the good options. 

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

A one year extension doesn't really say I'm committed to the org. lol

I didn't say it was bad for WAS just the worst of the good options. 

Okay......Essentially no one was expecting him to sign any extension. It's a huge win for them and the new front office. But yeah obviously not as good as him signing a longer extension 

Edited by champ11

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I thought the same thing at first but I saw something that put it into perspective. Outside of the financial implications (Nike is projecting $40B in Chinese sales, LeBron plays a huge role in that), Morey's comments really put the players in China in a potentially unsafe situation. He stirred up a bunch of controversy and people expected LeBron to speak out against a Communist Government in a virtual police state while he was there? 

Or he could have just said "no Comment" until he was safely in "his" country where he can say whatever and be deemed a "hero" Instead he throws Morey "under the Bus" for not "being educated and informed"

Sorry but there is "no defending" Lebron on this one. IMO.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, champ11 said:

did he not want the 5th year.....? 

I actually have no idea and that didn’t occur to me at the time of that post. I think I read somewhere that this is a locked in $130m with no opt outs either instead of the 5/$170 that could be as high as $205 or whatever based on all nba 1st team with an opt out. Idk what happened at the back end. In theory right now this potentially helps us but depending what he becomes also maybe hurts us. I think he’ll be 30 when the deal is up or maybe 31so he could still be in line for another big deal afterwards.