NBA News & Notes

Leader

Shams Charania‏:  Guard Cameron Payne has agreed to a two-year deal with the Toronto Raptors. After a strong summer league, the former OKC Thunder lottery pick receives partial guarantees in first season and an opportunity to compete for reserve PG spot in Toronto.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:28 PM, Leader said:

Markelle Fultz (shoulder) still doesn't have an official timetable for his return, but he's making "great progress," according to head coach Steve Clifford. "He's working hard, he's made great progress," said Clifford. "You know, right now we don't have a timetable for when he'll be back, but he's really doing a great job." Clifford added that he would have liked to have seen Fultz play at Summer League, but he's still not quite ready, which is fairly concerning given he hasn't taken the court since November and has only made it through a total of 33 games since being drafted in 2017. Sirius XMNBA on Twitter

Same song and dance. Classic Markelle.

• Like 2

This is an interesting take that I'd not heard before...........

“I think Ben Simmons shoots with the wrong hand. He is a right-handed player shooting with the wrong hand. Until he switches shooting hands, I don’t see Ben Simmons becoming at least an average shooter.” — KevinOConnorNBA

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

“I think Ben Simmons shoots with the wrong hand. He is a right-handed player shooting with the wrong hand. Until he switches shooting hands, I don’t see Ben Simmons becoming at least an average shooter.” — KevinOConnorNBA

Yeah, someone taught him the completely incorrect thing, it's something Philly fans have known for a while.

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

Been speculated about for a few years now. He does everything on the court better and more often with his right hand, but shoots jumpers with his left.

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

he's healthy. they're just protecting him from any expectations 

i'm about to give a nice baby boomer take but Markelle being courtside swagged out at summer league like he's an established player was rough 

12 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i'm about to give a nice baby boomer take but Markelle being courtside swagged out at summer league like he's an established player was rough 

Lol, well damn!!!!!

I guess now if you're not making 170M, you gotta dress up like a bum or something! 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Been speculated about for a few years now. He does everything on the court better and more often with his right hand, but shoots jumpers with his left.

I didnt realize that.....which begs the question, why does he do it? Seems kinda odd actually.