Top 5 Packers Age 25 or Younger?

Cadmus

18 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Clark and Jaire are very easy 1-2. Then it is pretty subjective. I could see arguing

Based on production;

3.  Martinez- He's been a good ILB, not super special, but probably a top 10-12ish ILB. I'd be bummed if we don't resign him, but it would make me also cringe if we gave him 12M a year.

4. A Jones- dynamic and when on the field a top 10 RB, but has had injuries.

5. Very distant MVS (1 up and down year) or King (honestly another injury would make me write him off)

Based on potential

3. Gary- Didn't love the pick, but he is a Spartan with mega upside.

4. Savage- Looks to be a good player with pro bowl upside

5. Probably MVS or Jones -Both have flashed but there are concerns over both (consistency/injuries). Both have top 10 upside at their positions (meaning potential pro bowl ability)

HM-Jenkins too (I'll give a G some love, probably won't be on anyone's list).

HM- ESB- Similar to MVS, didn't flash as much though

--------------------------------------

My gun to my head pick 5-  Clark, Jaire, Martinez, Gary, and Savage (upside combined with proven ability).

Being a Michigan fan that makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.......

4 hours ago, SSG said:

Being a Michigan fan that makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.......

Maybe he isn't the sexiest spartan, but he did have the third best RAS score out of any DE/Edge prospect in the last 10 years (behind Garret/Miller). Hopefully he proves that Michigan used him wrong

On 7/10/2019 at 3:15 PM, Outpost31 said:

That’s got me thinking LOL poor Cowboys. Their best players are at ILB, ILB, WR, RB and an average QB they’re going to have to pay big money to.  Cowboys are screwed going forward.

DeMarcus Lawrence isn't any of those positions. Tyron Smith isn't any of those positions. Byron Jones isn't any of those positions. Not to mention Zach Martin is one of their best players as well. 

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

DeMarcus Lawrence isn't any of those positions. Tyron Smith isn't any of those positions. Byron Jones isn't any of those positions. Not to mention Zach Martin is one of their best players as well. 

Did you miss the title of this thread?  

• Like 1

I just dont see it with MVS. I don't think any of the trio from last year is going to pan out to much. I think you are going to see Adams as a clear #1 obviously, but Allison as the #2, and I think Davis might have a real shot with the new staff to be the #3. 

I will need to see one of them really take the playbook and run with it first. Plenty of young guys flash the physical ability but never put it together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I just dont see it with MVS. I don't think any of the trio from last year is going to pan out to much. I think you are going to see Adams as a clear #1 obviously, but Allison as the #2, and I think Davis might have a real shot with the new staff to be the #3. 

I will need to see one of them really take the playbook and run with it first. Plenty of young guys flash the physical ability but never put it together.

You are a brave individual with that thought process.  Many on this site are convinced those young wide receivers are the 2nd coming.  I'm sitting on the fence and hoping they pan out big time.  Give you props for expressing your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

I put MVS as my 5th best player under 25 (who wasn't a rookie), but that was kind of by default and I totally get having concerns about the year 2 wrs. I know as fans we get excited over big plays (which WRs being a position that handles the ball, happens a lot), but there was no doubt a lot of inconsistency with these guys. PFF graded MVS and ESB as wrs 93 and 75, so essentially JAGs. Hopefully they both make a jump and learning a new offense doesn't set them back a lot. I'm hoping one pans out and get be worthy of being a #2/3 target in this offense.

If I cared to argue it anymore, here is where I would remind people that MVS is tied for 153rd (along with Davante Adams) in NFL history for receptions by a rookie and that he is 15th/475 for receptions by a 5th-undrafted rookie.  Guess you don't see that kind of production all the time from these athletic types. 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If I cared to argue it anymore, here is where I would remind people that MVS is tied for 153rd (along with Davante Adams) in NFL history for receptions by a rookie and that he is 15th/475 for receptions by a 5th-undrafted rookie.  Guess you don't see that kind of production all the time from these athletic types. 

Yah know...I thought that when 'Vante was a rookie, he was targetted a ton.  And I thought that last year, MVS did quite well, despite getting limited targets.

I looked up both...here's what I found and I just thought it was interesting.

'Vante rookie year stats...66 targets, 38 receptions, 446 yards.  3 TD's.

MVS rookie year stats....73 targets, 38 receptions, 581 yards.  2 TD's.

No real point to be made other than MVS got more targets last year that I thought.  And that his rookie year compared to 'Vante is pretty exciting.  Course 'Vante's second year was kind of meh.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

'Vante rookie year stats...66 targets, 38 receptions, 446 yards.  3 TD's.

MVS rookie year stats....73 targets, 38 receptions, 581 yards.  2 TD's.

No real point to be made other than MVS got more targets last year that I thought.  And that his rookie year compared to 'Vante is pretty exciting.  Course 'Vante's second year was kind of meh.  

Yeah, and MVS had an expected catch rate of 9.2 last year.  Meaning, his targets were crap and shouldn't even count as a target. 

nrDqqP.gif

Watch wide open MVS.  Watch Aaron Rodgers miss wide open MVS. 

Do you not remember how many times Rodgers did that this past year?