Houston Texans will not have a GM in 2019

AFlaccoSeagulls

54 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not really a surprise. They’ll just hire Caserio next year. 

I don't think that they can. His contract goes through the draft next year. So if that is their plan, they will have to wait until after the draft to hire him

14 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't think that they can. His contract goes through the draft next year. So if that is their plan, they will have to wait until after the draft to hire him

There is no way the Pats force Caserio to stay thru the draft, Caserio has probably already packed it in, and seeing what he has to do to get fired.  

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

There is no way the Pats force Caserio to stay thru the draft, Caserio has probably already packed it in, and seeing what he has to do to get fired.  

His contract runs through the draft of next year. He has a clause in his contract that he cant interview for other jobs, so I guess the only way would be if they hired him without interviewing him? 

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

And the Rockets now that they got Westbrook!

... I wonder if Morey or Lunhow would take on the Texans GM role as a hobby. 

My brain would explode if either were even mentioned as actual candidates.

Yeah, who needs a GM...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27194822/clowney-get-deal-deadline

One of your top 5 players is probably going to sit out for the year... over $1.7MM... in a year when you have close to $30mm in cap space that you haven't used on ANYTHING AT ALL (except for a blocking TE and a oft burned CB).

But I'm sure Jack Easterby can figure this out...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, who needs a GM...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27194822/clowney-get-deal-deadline

One of your top 5 players is probably going to sit out for the year... over $1.7MM... in a year when you have close to $30mm in cap space that you haven't used on ANYTHING AT ALL (except for a blocking TE and a oft burned CB).

But I'm sure Jack Easterby can figure this out...

I hope he sits out. Want to preserve his health before he joins Vrabel in Tennessee.