Northland's Reality Check Part 3

Northland

Thought I would provide you all with an update re my son William.  After having surgery to remove several lymph nodes, as well as a spinal and bone marrow aspiration we have been told that my son does not have lymphoma!  He has a condition called, Progressive Transformation of Germinal Centres.  This is a benign condition that presents itself like lymphoma, mimics lymphoma, and is often misdiagnosed as lymphoma.  No one knows what causes it.  I will forever be thankful that he got transferred and  treated at Sick Kids.  They were adamant  from day one about performing their own pathology.  A team was involved in determining this diagnosis so we are quite comfortable and happy.  For the foreseeable future he will undergo a thorough medical every 3 months.  His condition can lead to the development of lymphoma and auto immune issues but in both circumstances that is very rare.  We just have to be on the lookout for any enlarged lymph nodes or re the auto immune concerns bruising that won't heal.  Regardless we are thrilled.  His oncologists told him to go and live a normal life.  Talk about a wild roller coaster ride.  I'm not religious but I told Will someone/thing is watching out for you.  

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support.  You'll never know how much we appreciate it.

Cheers,

• Like 8