Melvin Gordon ends hold out; to report Thursday

SBLIII

On 09/09/2019 at 12:55 AM, PossibleCabbage said:

There are fewer than ten running backs worth spending significantly more resources on than a replacement level running back which can be had for cheap.

Your elite ones are worth paying but that tier between "elite" and "replacement level" for  RBs become a false economy once their salaries get inflated.

Spend that bank on your OLine and reap the rewards all day tbh.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Spend that bank on your OLine and reap the rewards all day tbh.

That’s a good theory but the Chargers offensive line has not lived up to previous investment and none of them deserve a raise. They deserve high draft picks or free agents to come in and take their jobs. It’s a huge failure of our talent acquisition that our line isn’t at least average. 

9 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

That’s a good theory but the Chargers offensive line has not lived up to previous investment and none of them deserve a raise. They deserve high draft picks or free agents to come in and take their jobs. It’s a huge failure of our talent acquisition that our line isn’t at least average. 

Fair enough.  Been there, done that with the Jaguars OLine and all the bad money spent there.  But if you do it right...

• Like 1

So Gordon ends his holdout before Trent Williams, interesting.  I'm sure it had nothing what so ever to do with one team looking good without You and the Other down right pitful?

Not surprising really given how it's unfolded offensively in SD. Played Chicken, lost big time! I do hope he stays healthy all year though to see what occurs next FA, despite owning Eckler in fantasy!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

I agree. It will be very interesting to see what he gets when he hits the market. It’s a weird spot for him, he needs to ball out to get paid but also duck the franchise tender. I don’t envy him under the current CBA. Scheduled to make 6m this year, was offered 10m, wanted 14m, and now will hope he can show something that will increase his value. 

• 4 weeks later...