Melvin Gordon ends hold out; to report Thursday

SBLIII

42 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Except Gordon doesn't have ball security issues. Unless you think that LT also had ball security problems.

http://www.nfl.com/player/melvingordon/2552469/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/ladainiantomlinson/2504778/profile

Gordon fumbles 1 out of every 100 touches LT is up at 122. That’s a pretty big difference. Imagine taking 20% off your paycheck every week. That’s the difference between the two. Granted Gordon has vastly improved his ball security since his rookie year, but if his agent is going to beat the Leveon Bell pay, I’m going to point out how Gordon fumbles the ball. 

Edited by Boltstrikes

9 hours ago, SBLIII said:

He will but not much more imo (7 million range). Still worth it though and if the Chargers don't hand him the extension he absolutely should sit out.

He kind of has them by the short hairs too because Rivers and the Chargers window is closing. Gordon has done everything right unlike Bell, if he’d take a 3-4 year extension give it

37 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Gordon fumbles 1 out of every 100 touches LT is up at 122. That’s a pretty big difference. Imagine taking 20% off your paycheck every week. That’s the difference between the two. Granted Gordon has vastly improved his ball security since his rookie year, but if his agent is going to beat the Leveon Bell pay, I’m going to point out how Gordon fumbles the ball. 

Just a really weak argument on your part. What is it with you and making up facts?

14 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Just a really weak argument on your part. What is it with you and making up facts?

Divide touches by fumbles. If you want to pretend Melvin Gordon is some elite ball security guy go for it. Not like he ever fumbled six times in one season or anything. 

29 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Divide touches by fumbles. If you want to pretend Melvin Gordon is some elite ball security guy go for it. Not like he ever fumbled six times in one season or anything. 

Yeah his rookie season. LT fumbled it 8 times his rookie year as well as turned it over to the other team 5 times. Gordon fumbled twice in the last two seasons (once a season without turning it over) compared to the 2 and 6 that LT had in his 3rd and 4th season. And LT was known for his ball security skills. So, I don't think you actually know what you're talking about.

Edited by Xenos

2 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

So he wants Leveon Bell money and someone other then his agent said they’d give it to him. My guess is it’s Mark Davis just trolling a divisional rival. 

Show of hands. Who is buying at 5/40 million with 25 guaranteed? It’s more then I’d want Gordon for and still a discount on what Bell received. 

Wouldnt that be tampering?

24 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yeah his rookie season. LT fumbled it 8 times his rookie year as well as turned it over to the other team 5 times. Gordon fumbled twice in the last two seasons (once a season without turning it over) compared to the 2 and 6 that LT had in his 3rd and 4th season. And LT was known for his ball security skills. So, I don't think you actually know what you're talking about.

LT has 4x the number of touches. Gordon fumbled 4 times in 98 touches and ESPN called him out as having the worst ball security in the league. Add in that he’s a part time player. Played a full season once in his career. He really shouldn’t have as many fumbles as he does. 

21 hours ago, EL Guapo said:

I think the Chargers could just let him sit out. Does he have to report at some point to become a free agent next year? 

If he has the balls to Sit and pull a Vincent Jackson, he'll just report Week 11. People can act like he has no leverage but a team with supposed SB aspirations and no real viable replacement giving you his kind of production.  I tend to disagree. 

Emmitt Smith did it to the Cowboys, watched the team lose two straight then see Jerry fold like a lawn chair, pay him and both then reap the benefits of another SB Ring.

Sorry but the Chargers aren't winning anything in 2019 if Melvin sits. Nor can they afford to potentially lose a handful of games finding out the hard way. Potentially waste a season of ever aging Phillip Rivers?

If the Chargers FO offered him some of the rediculous numbers 7-8M some are suggesting in here, He absolutely should tell them to kick Rock's.  Like it or not,  RB's yearly average like every position in the NFL has gone up with the ever growing cap. Guess we'll see?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, freak_of_nature said:

The only leverage the guy has is because their window for contention is still open.

Indeed, but there is one more piece of leverage to consider Tetsujin,  and that's the LA market.
Chargers are without an avid local fan base and are trying to win over the LA fans. Getting into a pissing contest with Gordon won't help from a PR POV.
Rams paid their stars, Chargers need to do the same. Its a minor issue for most teams, but for the home-less Chargers it might carry some weight.
They don't want Bosa 2.0