Melvin Gordon ends hold out; to report Thursday

SBLIII

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-07-26-lendale-white-blasts-philip-rivers-for-comments-on-melvin-gordons-holdout/

With Whites comments, Matthiau chiming in then Gordon himself commenting its looking like Melvin may be talking himself right out of a job. Any sort of schism between the real mvp of our offense and our running back is going to end badly for the running back. 

Honestly at this point after knowing the numbers that are being thrown around I'd rather we just not sign him to anything.

A) Only once in generation talents at RB like Adrian Peterson and LT are worth 8-figures.

B) Gordon is going to have to suit up and play for us eventually this season if he actually wants to hit FA.

C) We have Bosa, Rivers, Henry and King all coming towards the end of their current contracts. I don't want to lose any of them. Giving Gordon that much money pretty much guarantees that we do.

D) Supposedly the 2020 RB draft class is loaded and Anthony Lynn's bread and butter is supposed to be developing RB's. Let him pick and develop his own guy next year.

Edited by Bolts223

2 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

A) Only once in generation talents at RB like Adrian Peterson and LT are worth 8-figures.

Horse manure. Generational talent means nothing with the ever growing Cap and Absurd salaries at every position. 

Zeke, DJ, Gurley, Bell, Saquon eventually all deserve to be paid on the same scale as the rest of the escalating salaries.

So when the 2nd tier of Great RB's come calling they too will be making more a year then say Barry Sanders, Walter Payton or Eric Dickerson ever dreamed of making in their haydays.

Just like Montana, Marino, Young ect...were making peanuts compared to the Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz and Patrick Mahomes's of the NFL who will eventually break the bank.

People need to get over the absurd "Number" (12/14/15) and look at the annual increase in % for a salaries in 2019 towards its Cap and say the % in salaries of say Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas,  Bettis, ect in 93' towards theirs. Bet it isnt much different for the top tier players now compared to them. 

Just looks ridiculously large compared to the Average Joe Blow working at Kmart!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Horse manure. Generational talent means nothing with the ever growing Cap and Absurd salaries at every position. 

Zeke, DJ, Gurley, Bell, Saquon eventually all deserve to be paid on the same scale as the rest of the escalating salaries.

So when the 2nd tier of Great RB's come calling they too will be making more a year then say Barry Sanders, Walter Payton or Eric Dickerson ever dreamed of making in their haydays.

Just like Montana, Marino, Young ect...were making peanuts compared to the Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz and Patrick Mahomes's of the NFL who will eventually break the bank.

People need to get over the absurd "Number" (12/14/15) and look at the annual increase in % for a salaries in 2019 towards its Cap and say the % in salaries of say Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas,  Bettis, ect in 93' towards theirs. Bet it isnt much different for the top tier players now compared to them. 

Just looks ridiculously large compared to the Average Joe Blow working at Kmart!!

Perhaps they “deserve” it, but that doesn’t mean they are worth it or that giving them that money is a good decision for keeping your franchise a winning franchise.

I get that you're an Eagles fan and you probably don't care that much about the Chargers long term future, and that's totally fine.

But for a team that wants to sustain long term success signing a RB like Gordon to a contract like that is never worth it. It's cap suicide. Especially when you have several pro-bowl caliber players (Who are all arguably better at their position than Gordon is at his) due for contracts soon.

Do I hope Gordon gets the money he is seeking? Yes. Do I want it to be with the Chargers? No. Let some other team make that mistake.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I get that you're an Eagles fan and you probably don't care that much about the Chargers long term future, and that's totally fine.

Take it from someone who had to watch Scrub after scrub line up at RB last season and take the #3 Rush offense from 2017 SB run to the 26th ranked I believe in 2018 due to injuries. 

When you have a Stud RB, yes Gordon is a Stud because he is a TD scoring machine, You do what you can to keep him. He's  light years better then Ajahi/Blount!.Those acting like his production is easily replaceable might find out the hard way, it's probably not. Regardless of some miraculous 4 gm winning streak without him.

I've never once said he should be highest paid RB in the NFL, exceed Gurleys contract ect ,ect, but the going rate for a Top 10 RB (Which he is)in the current  market starts at 10-12M+  season. 

Just like WR's breaking the bank now for 18-20M, QB 30-35M, LT 15-17M, DE 17-20M. On and on

It's the way it is with the current market.

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Take it from someone who had to watch Scrub after scrub line up at RB last season and take the #3 Rush offense from 2017 SB run to the 26th ranked I believe in 2018 due to injuries. 

When you have a Stud RB, yes Gordon is a Stud because he is a TD scoring machine, You do what you can to keep him. He's  light years better then Ajahi/Blount!.Those acting like his production is easily replaceable might find out the hard way, it's probably not. Regardless of some miraculous 4 gm winning streak without him.

I've never once said he should be highest paid RB in the NFL, exceed Gurleys contract ect ,ect, but the going rate for a Top 10 RB (Which he is)in the current  market starts at 10-12M+  season. 

Just like WR's breaking the bank now for 18-20M, QB 30-35M, LT 15-17M, DE 17-20M. On and on

It's the way it is with the current market.

And as I said, we have a bunch of contracts coming up. King, Bosa, Rivers and possibly even Henry (depending on how he comes back from injury) are all more valuable and harder to replace than Gordon is.

Gordon is an elite back and Chargers are better with him. That said, Rb is the easiest position to fill, Chargers have good young guys at RB and alot of young key studs to sign soon. Chargers will have massive cap room 2020 season. But i say sign Gordon if the price is fair for his production not his skill or potential. I think if he plays 2019, HE WILL lead the league in rushing yds. He is that good when healthy.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Gordon is an elite back and Chargers are better with him. That said, Rb is the easiest position to fill, Chargers have good young guys at RB and alot of young key studs to sign soon. Chargers will have massive cap room 2020 season. But i say sign Gordon if the price is fair for his production not his skill or potential. I think if he plays 2019, HE WILL lead the league in rushing yds. He is that good when healthy.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he will never lead the NFL in rushing at any point in his career

Its just such an outlandish claim that it makes it hard to believe anything you say

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he will never lead the NFL in rushing at any point in his career

Its just such an outlandish claim that it makes it hard to believe anything you say

It really isn't. You dont have to believe anything i say. I'm not guaranting anything, just predicting. But why not give me a single season to see if my claims really are "outlandish" before blindly claiming they are. All i ask is 1 season. Then i can be crowned as a "crazed fool" if im wrong on my many "outlandish" claims. 

Eagles being worst record in the NFL

Dolphins going 11-5

Texans #1 offense

49ers #1 defense

Just some of my 2019 predictions. Just gimme the season before disregarding what i say.

8 hours ago, N4L said:

While I dont think it will happen, Gordon is absolutely the type of guy that could lead the league in rushing. Not outlandish in the slightest.

Edited by Cheesehawk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

It really isn't. You dont have to believe anything i say. I'm not guaranting anything, just predicting. But why not give me a single season to see if my claims really are "outlandish" before blindly claiming they are. All i ask is 1 season. Then i can be crowned as a "crazed fool" if im wrong on my many "outlandish" claims. 

Dolphins going 11-5

Texans #1 offense

49ers #1 defense

Just some of my 2019 predictions. Just gimme the season before disregarding what i say.

lol

9 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

All i ask is 1 season. Then i can be crowned as a "crazed fool" if im wrong on my many "outlandish" claims. 

Dolphins going 11-5

Texans #1 offense

49ers #1 defense

Will you own up at seasons end or disappear like a thief in the night when the majority if not all of these prediction are wrong? Or will you be like Ace or Jason La Canforia and point out how I got 1 right out of a Dozen? Threw enough Sh!t against the wall to be called the next Nostradamus? Curious?

To be clear you have the Eagles picking #1 in the 2020 draft with the worst record in the NFL this season, correct? 👍🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u