Melvin Gordon ends hold out; to report Thursday

SBLIII

4 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

What's your definition of upper echelon, pretty sure he'd fit that description for most people.

Not an elite back. A lot better than average but closer to a top 10 back than a top 5 one. 

Please don't take this as me saying he is bad, he isn't, but he simply isn't an elite back.

Edited by ILoveTheVikings

13 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

List your top 10 backs

For starters and without even debate:

Ezekiel, Barkley, Gurley, McCaffery 

I'd personally have David Johnson over him. Then you have players like Mixon, Chubb (pure projection on this one but by the end of this year I have no doubt he will be viewed as better), Bell and hell maybe even Conner. 

Aside from being a pretty damn good catching RB his performance as a runner is pretty pedestrian although last year was really good where he got 885 yards in 12 games with a 5.1 average. Despite his pass catching I just can't call someone who has averaged 3.8 yards a carry for 3 out of his 4 years in the league an elite back. 

7 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

For starters and without even debate:

Ezekiel, Barkley, Gurley, McCaffery 

I'd personally have David Johnson over him. Then you have players like Mixon, Chubb (pure projection on this one but by the end of this year I have no doubt he will be viewed as better), Bell and hell maybe even Conner. 

Aside from being a pretty damn good catching RB his performance as a runner is pretty pedestrian although last year was really good where he got 885 yards in 12 games with a 5.1 average. Despite his pass catching I just can't call someone who has averaged 3.8 yards a carry for 3 out of his 4 years in the league an elite back. 

Kamara omission?

• Like 2