Westbrook traded to Rockets

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:
3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The best part of this is that it's going to give FF Rockets fans hope and we get to watch them die inside.

did you not read my posts from yesterday? hell even PD said he didn't like the trade.

No I didn't read anything in this thread.

But that's the true beauty of this. You're going to go through something called "Suicidal Big Cat/Wisconsin Fans". @beekay414 @malibuspeedrace can back me up on this, but it's basically this same cycle:

1. You go into the season with a clear identity of who you are. In the Rockets case, a mid seed playoff team that gets bounced early.
  2. Throughout the season, you see good performances. 
  3. You start talking yourself into thinking that this year might be different. There's a big regular season win or something, you're high up in the power rankings, etc. etc.
  4. You believe that this is the year. You're emotionally invested come playoff time.
  5. You lose exactly where you would have predicted in Step 1, only you get your heart ripped out and want to die.

29 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

You’ll talk yourself into it

If you have a good GM/FO that you trust you pretty much have to. There’s only like 5-6 teams in the league that fit that category and Houston is one of them. 

It’s a very weird move but it fits Morey’s MO. Acquire stars, ???, championships.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No I didn't read anything in this thread.

But that's the true beauty of this. You're going to go through something called "Suicidal Big Cat/Wisconsin Fans". @beekay414 @malibuspeedrace can back me up on this, but it's basically this same cycle:

1. You go into the season with a clear identity of who you are. In the Rockets case, a mid seed playoff team that gets bounced early.
  2. Throughout the season, you see good performances. 
  3. You start talking yourself into thinking that this year might be different. There's a big regular season win or something, you're high up in the power rankings, etc. etc.
  4. You believe that this is the year. You're emotionally invested come playoff time.
  5. You lose exactly where you would have predicted in Step 1, only you get your heart ripped out and want to die.

You basically summed up my life as a sports fan aside from last season. 

That “our year” moment usually comes in round 1 of the playoffs where you are the higher seed tied 1-1 and you beat a team you were supposed to beat in game 3 on the road down 6 at the start of the fourth and your like alright now we’re real this team is different all these other guys don’t even know. Only to lose 4-1 in the semis with everyone mocking you. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

You basically summed up my life as a sports fan aside from last season. 

That “our year” moment usually comes in round 1 of the playoffs where you are the higher seed tied 1-1 and you beat a team you were supposed to beat in game 3 on the road down 6 at the start of the fourth and your like alright now we’re real this team is different all these other guys don’t even know. Only to lose 4-1 in the semis with everyone mocking you. 

And there is nothing you can do to stop it. I know going into this season, that Wisconsin should win the Big Ten West in CFB, and will get murdered by OSU. I'm aware that I'm susceptible to suicidal Wisconsin fan syndrome. 

It won't matter. I'll still want to die. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And there is nothing you can do to stop it. I know going into this season, that Wisconsin should win the Big Ten West in CFB, and will get murdered by OSU. I'm aware that I'm susceptible to suicidal Wisconsin fan syndrome. 

It won't matter. I'll still want to die. 

But when you beat Purdue on the road 35-10 in week 4 you just go all in it’s a fantastic feeling. 

40 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's cool. I'll just post it here for the guy who keeps quoting him.

LOL Not a problem. Its not my opinion, so your comments have no bearing on me whatsoever. Same thing is encountered on the football threads when someone takes umbrage with the tweets of some beat writer because they dont happen to like them.

"I dont like Nagler.....I dont like Cohen....I dont like Kruze"

Oh well. Its an opinion about some set of facts. Like it. Dont like it. Doesnt matter to me.

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

My point was NY bragging about how much they won together as if that somehow proves they could play together. My reply was merely mocking that notion.

They made the finals together already though. So how can you say it hey won’t mesh well.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

They made the finals together already though. So how can you say it hey won’t mesh well.

We're just going to act like Kevin Durant wasn't on that team?

Harden and Westbrook are both way more ball dominant now. I don't think it'll fail on a personal level, they like each other. It just won't work on the court.

25 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

We're just going to act like Kevin Durant wasn't on that team?

Harden and Westbrook are both way more ball dominant now. I don't think it'll fail on a personal level, they like each other. It just won't work on the court.

We heard the same things when they added CP3. 

Archived