Sammie Coates traded to Browns

wackywabbit

18 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Trades seem to be way up this year, but trading a young player who was productive, albeit not reliable/consistent, to a division rival is still interesting. Was cheap for the browns

The division rival part of this is what is odd to me. Don't see that often.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

We already have Coats on our team, he goes by the name of Ricardo Louis. Straight line runner who has drop issues and cant run clean routes. Great.

Maybe the Farmer's Almanac said that we're going to have a very cold winter, and we just might need two Coat(e)s? ;) 

5 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I don't think he's saying they have a guy named Ricardo Louis Coats.  ;-)

I just dont understand the move. The reason the Browns need a WR is because the young ones they have cant get seperation, have questionable hands and are very raw route runners. The WR they need is a polished route runner with sure hands. A dependable possession WR type. All they did with Coats is compound the problem and add another WR that feeds to the weaknesses you already have in your corp. 

The only thing I can think of is that Hue Jackson loves to push the ball downfield and with Kizers cannon arm he was looking for another deep threat outside of Cory Coleman to stretch the field and make 4-5 deep catches throughout the season.

I dont really like this.   Steeler fans hate on Coates too much.

Browns get the edge on this deal.   His hands will always be an issue, but he was the best deep threat in the league early last season before he busted up his hand.   He could be a nice asset if he gets back on  track.   Only reason Im not too upset is because we are pretty loaded at WR and he wasnt a lock to make it.

But hey, we got a 6th round pick, so we gettin' the next Tommy Brady, y'all!!!!!!!1!!!!   

tom-brady-facejpg-cfc7594e9c84bd87.jpg

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont really like this.   Steeler fans hate on Coates too much.

Yeah the move in no way hurts the Steelers. If the Browns and Kizer do develop a downfield passing game it could potentially make the division foe better, but if the Steelers felt that was really likely they wouldn't have made the deal. Kind of like the Browns trading Gilbert within the division, they probably just went with the best offer believing it wouldn't come back to haunt them no matter where he went.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah the move in no way hurts the Steelers. If the Browns and Kizer do develop a downfield passing game it could potentially make the division foe better, but if the Steelers felt that was really likely they wouldn't have made the deal. Kind of like the Browns trading Gilbert within the division, they probably just went with the best offer believing it wouldn't come back to haunt them no matter where he went.

Never said it hurt us....but it MIGHT help you guys.

Archived