Sammie Coates traded to Browns

wackywabbit

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, when I start my statement with a 'yeah' it means I agree with you. (FYI I agree with you)

First off, people say Yeah sarcastically alot....kinda like you just did in this post.   -_-

Secondly, it was hard to tell based on the part of my post you quoted.   You quoted the part with me saying I didnt really like the move, and your next point sounded like you were disagreeing with me saying I didnt like the move.  

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

First off, people say Yeah sarcastically alot....kinda like you just did in this post.   -_-

Secondly, it was hard to tell based on the part of my post you quoted.   You quoted the part with me saying I didnt really like the move, and your next point sounded like you were disagreeing with me saying I didnt like the move.  

Nah, I just didn't wanna quote the pic.

42 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Wouldn't that hurt you though? we play you and stuff like that.

Haden doesn't do well against speedy receivers, now we have two, Coleman and Coates.   

It doesnt hurt us in terms of losing him.    We were loaded at WR and he was on the bubble.

Congrats on having 2 speedy WRs.    Now all you need is a QB.  

46 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It doesnt hurt us in terms of losing him.    We were loaded at WR and he was on the bubble.

Congrats on having 2 speedy WRs.    Now all you need is a QB.  

We just might have one and that's an awfully cocky response considering yours is on his last legs and whines like a girl about his own players.

Excited for Week 1 and the following match between us, I suppose i'd get all the qb insults in before you're inevitably left with nothing when big ben retires. Good luck in finding a replacement.

Obviously it's too much to ask for fans to stop taking umbrage at any criticism or negative posts without pulling the troll-the-fanbase card.   Clearly reg. Season can't come soon enough.  ?

The bottom line is that Coates cost very little to acquire.  Yeah he's similar to Louis but maybe Louis is someone the staff are giving up on.  And a possession receiver makes a lot of sense for week 1 but everything CLE is doing seems geared with a long term view.  They are trying to find home run ceiling talent.  Coates has a whiff floor but a huge ceiling.  If only they could do hand transplants I'd love his chances but as it is he's their 3rd WR and if either guy gets hurt he's their top 2 guy.   If he flames out then they dropped 1 Rd at the very end of the draft.  Not like the price was huge.  Or even moderate.  It was peanuts. 

Coates will be a monster in the league IF he regains his confidence. Watch him before his hands got hurt and you could feel his energy on the field. Now it seems like he is thinking too much and not going all out. Hopefully, he rebounds and continues to develop with you guys. Hue Jackson helped rehabilitate Pryor in Oakland so maybe he can do the same with Sammie.   

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont really like this.   Steeler fans hate on Coates too much.

Browns get the edge on this deal.   His hands will always be an issue, but he was the best deep threat in the league early last season before he busted up his hand.   He could be a nice asset if he gets back on  track.   Only reason Im not too upset is because we are pretty loaded at WR and he wasnt a lock to make it.

But hey, we got a 6th round pick, so we gettin' the next Tommy Brady, y'all!!!!!!!1!!!!   

tom-brady-facejpg-cfc7594e9c84bd87.jpg

You mean the next Antonio Brown, right?  Right?   Don't make Antonio Brown angry, @FourThreeMafia . You know what happens when someone angers Antonio Brown.

f7807a84553c91af5662c04233af1521--antoni

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Coates will be a monster in the league IF he regains his confidence. Watch him before his hands got hurt and you could feel his energy on the field. Now it seems like he is thinking too much and not going all out. Hopefully, he rebounds and continues to develop with you guys. Hue Jackson helped rehabilitate Pryor in Oakland so maybe he can do the same with Sammie.   

Thanks man.  I remember when you guys drafted him I thought oh boy another mid round stiller WR that's going to ball out against us. Hopefully Saunders can clean him up.  Although bad hands seem like they never heal.  We also finally have a QB to get him the ball deep.

So everyone knows, no I'm not saying he's going to be good.  Durr.

9 hours ago, killin' it like ki7er said:

We just might have one and that's an awfully cocky response considering yours is on his last legs and whines like a girl about his own players.

Excited for Week 1 and the following match between us, I suppose i'd get all the qb insults in before you're inevitably left with nothing when big ben retires. Good luck in finding a replacement.

Ben whines like a girl about everything.  Biggest drama queen in the league.

15 hours ago, killin' it like ki7er said:

Seriously?  Youre whining about a slightly cocky comment made in response to a slightly cocky comment made by one of your fellow fans?   You too soft, bruh.   But, if its cockiness you want....

Maybe you and your fellow Browns fans should wait until this stuff actually happens before you actually start running your mouths.  You talk about MY supposed cockiness, yet Browns fans like you are already running your mouths like your team has done something just because you went 4-0 in the preseason.    I cant even recall how many times you guys have told us your team is on the upswing and we were about to fall apart.   2008 is one instance I clearly recall, when you had the THEN lord and savior Phil Savage, and just made such amazing signings as Donte Stallworth, Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams and just drafted the next great franchise QB, Brady Quinn.   Obviously, the NFL is cyclical and anything can happen, but for as long as Ive been following football, the Steelers have always been good and the Browns have always been....the Browns.   Let me know when that ACTUALLY changes....not when you and your bitter buddies HOPE it will change...because as Ive said, Ive been hearing it for 20+ years.    

And when Ben retires, we wont be left with nothing.   Even if we end up going downhill, Ill be left with the memories of title wins in the 2000s and alot of great teams....while all youre left with is your grandpa's  stories about the Browns winning championships in an 8 team league that doesnt even exist anymore.  

Archived