Baldy claims kamara could be a no.1 wr.

Kiwibrown

He states early on kamara could be a no.1 wr. If it is as he says, kamara is a moron for not converting to wr. It will save his body, prolong his career, and make him more money. Is there any basis to the claim? 

The same for mccaffery, who could probably be a slot  which would be bette rlong term for him.

Baldy is great. I always love his breakdowns. 

I cant believe it took him until 3:40 to talk about Kamara's balance. Its the thing that makes kamara super human. The guy bounces off people at weird angles but somehow always keeps his center of gravity. Its truly remarkable and the only other time I've ever seen anything like it is when Im watching Barry Sanders highlights. Kamara obviously doesnt have the wiggle or the quickness that Barry did (has anyone else even come close?) but Kamara has elite balance with good length and an innate sense of where defenders are and how they are coming at him. 

His length is what makes Baldy right, Kamara absolutely could play WR. He has the length and the frame to line up anywhere. Id rather he get 20 touches a game rather than the 8-10 he would get as a WR, but certainly, the guy has shown he can line up anywhere and do anything you ask from him. 

Kind of interesting, because the niners just drafted a guy named Jalen Hurd in the third round this year, who was a RB at Tennessee along with Kamara, but then moved to WR and transferred to Baylor. Hurd was the starter at Tennessee and I think he got more carries than Kamara while they were both there. Hurd is 6'2 and Kamara is 5'10. It will be interesting to see how Hurd looks this year in a Shanahan offense.

• Like 2

I doubt it.  I don’t McCaffrey could either and he’s an even better route runner than Kamara.

I think he could be a solid #2 maybe or a great slot guy, but not a #1.  Not a great one anyway.  There is a difference between working LBs, safeties, and slot corners, and then trying to beat #1 CBs.  

• Like 1

Kamara is being used properly, IMO. A decent but not excessive amount of carries, with a good bit of receiving.

A #1 wide out? Not sure about that. Same goes for just about any other running back that comes to mind. Guess it depends on how bad the team’s WRs are, though.

2 hours ago, Elky said:

Basically a Brian Westbrook that stays healthy.

If you mean dual threat RB, absolutely. However Kamara will never see 230-280 Carries in a season like BWest. Because like him injuries will start to occur.

Saints should keep doing what they're doing with him, which is  running the ball under 200 attempts.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Eric Metcalf was similar size and made the switch but besides the one year he had 1200ish yards he didn't really have a year where he had substantially more yards receiving at the WR position than he did at the RB position. Better for wear and tear but not really better for the team so I don't see it happening unless it's in his later years to extend his availability, he isn't quite 24 yet so that will probably be a few years away before it would even be considered.

No way would he be a 1,000 yard outside WR. Most of his yardage comes on dumpoff routes and swings. Yeah he's amazing out of the backfield, but he doesn't have a #1...or even a #2 cornerback defending him. Nor is he asked to consistently run WR routes.

I don't think he would be more than a solid WR if he were actually playing that position.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Kamara is being used properly, IMO. A decent but not excessive amount of carries, with a good bit of receiving

You could certainly say the saints had a good yin-yang with Ingram and kamara. I think they've done a great job keeping kamara fresh so he can take over in spots 

Who is taking over Ingram's role? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

You could certainly say the saints had a good yin-yang with Ingram and kamara. I think they've done a great job keeping kamara fresh so he can take over in spots 

Who is taking over Ingram's role? 

Probably Murray. But the Saints had a strong offense last year despite regression from Mark Ingram, so he might not even be necessary,

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 7:37 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Probably Murray. But the Saints had a strong offense last year despite regression from Mark Ingram, so he might not even be necessary,

If Ingram regressed, that’s news to Saints fans. He’s at that age where it could happen any time but he looked just as good last year as the year before. 

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

If Ingram regressed, that’s news to Saints fans. He’s at that age where it could happen any time but he looked just as good last year as the year before. 

Shrug. 

Won’t pretend to know as much about the Saints as most of their fans here, but he didn’t look as good last year in the games I watched.