Team Needs

Ghostnote

10 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Trying to get some info from the forum field. 

What are your team needs as of right now. 

In order would be preferred. 

Thanks!

We dealt a pretty solid RG (Zeitler) and are hoping that a young kid (Corbett) can fill that role. 

Is Greg Robinson really our LT of the future? 

SS could be an issue with the trade of Peppers as well.  

With Duke Johnson wanting to get out of Cleveland, and Hunt a FA at the end of the year, a quality RB to back up Chubb may be a necessity as well.

• Like 2

1. Depth in the trenches. 

2. *Potentially* offensive line. More specifically the OT spots. Not sure yet.

We are freaking loaded at RB, WR, TE, and starting defensive line. I think we are rock solid at LB and CBs. 

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

A couple question marks and and a couple areas where we could improve but no needs.

As units, OL should be average, QB should be good to elite, WR/RB should be elite and TE should be above average to good. Dline should be great to elite, LB should be average or above and secondary should be above average to great. Good at punter and question mark at kicker.

So... needs:

1. none

2. See above

18 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

We dealt a pretty solid RG (Zeitler) and are hoping that a young kid (Corbett) can fill that role. 

Is Greg Robinson really our LT of the future? 

SS could be an issue with the trade of Peppers as well.  

With Duke Johnson wanting to get out of Cleveland, and Hunt a FA at the end of the year, a quality RB to back up Chubb may be a necessity as well.

1, 2, 3 & 4

Nailed it!

• Like 2

Hmm...tough to project which rookies will boom. Also, until Randall/Schobert/Njoku re-sign, those position groups will be question marks. That said, currently

1. OT - one or two high picks could be used on tackle.

2. SS

3. depth at DE/DT/RB/OT/OG/LB/TE

On 7/13/2019 at 10:27 PM, NudeTayne said:

Hmm...tough to project which rookies will boom. Also, until Randall/Schobert/Njoku re-sign, those position groups will be question marks. That said, currently

1. OT - one or two high picks could be used on tackle.

2. SS

3. depth at DE/DT/RB/OT/OG/LB/TE

Dang it, nude - hijacked my post...... Again

You are a smart man my friend

• Like 1

So honestly right now there aren't a horrible amount, but to be honest they're coming.  This is in no particular order...

FS - Damarious Randall has been great but I don't know that we are going to be able to re-sign him.  Free safety could be an issue.

SS - Morgan Burnett is long in the tooth and not the long-term replacement at SS.  We lost peppers in the OBJ trade and we may need to fill that spot as well.

DE - Olivier Vernon was a GREAT trade but has only 2 years left on his contract and we don't know where we are looking after him.  I love Avery but can he be an every day DE?  Will we need to draft one.

DT - We need depth.  I don't expect Sheldon Richardson to be around forever, especially when we need to pay Baker and Garrett, we are not going to be able to keep the high salary of Richardson.

LB - I don't expect them to keep Joe Shobert or Kristian Kirksey long term, I don't know that Sione Takitaki or Mack Wilson are the answer there.  That position is up in the air.

TE - Ndjoku is just not John Dorseys guy.  I don't expect to make him a top 5 paid TE when his contract is up.  I expect to be looking for a TE.

C - This is JC Tretters last year.  We may be looking for a replacement.

G - We don't know how Austin Corbett will play at Guard, we may be looking for a replacement tehre.

T - Chris Hubbard has 2 more years on his contract and Greg Robinson might be a one year wonder for us.  We could be looking for positions there.

Long story short there is NO way to tell what our needs are right now.  Its going to have to be as the season goes along we find out.... 

• Like 1

As of right now I don't think we really have any "needs" at all.

What we have are a bunch of question marks (OL, LB, S, K). Will G-Rob and Corbett pan out? Will Capt Kirk bounce back? What do we have with The Mack and 2Tak? How is Redwine gonna turn out and is Whitehead just an offseason wonder? What about our special teams and kicker situation?

These type of question marks will never, EVER go away even if we win multiple super bowls. No team ever has a complete roster top to bottom without question marks or concerns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

As of right now I don't think we really have any "needs" at all.

I’d honestly agree with this.

We aren’t starting a rookie anywhere unless they’re able to beat out a competent vet (Greedy over Mitchell) and the question marks (Corbett for example) are at least reasonably talented and have been with the team for at least a year.

• Like 2