Sign in to follow this  
mike23md

Team Needs

Trying to get some info from the forum field. 

What are your team needs as of right now. 

In order would be preferred. 

Thanks!

If we’re talking free agency 2020 then a lot depends on who we re-sign. Our major free agents are Anthony Castonzo, Eric Ebron, Jack Doyle, Jabaal Sheard, Adam Vinatieri and Jacoby Brissett 

Assuming for the moment everyone above is re-signed except for Brissett and Sheard. 

1. DE - Even if Kemoko Turay and Ben Banogu progress well the Colts are going to use the Eagles philosophy of rotating DL in frequently. “8 starters deep” 

2. DT - (see no.1) At the moment Grover Stewart is the only DT who weighs over 300 lbs. In the past the Colts have had DT who were 250-270 lbs so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that the Colts won’t add any 300+ lbs. 

3. SS - Geathers and Farley are both free agents Khari Willis could win this job and knock it down the list. 

4. WR - Whether the Funchess signing works out or not for 2019. I don’t think he re-signs for 2020. Hilton, Campbell and Cain are the only clear players set at this position for 2020. 

5. CB - Desir and Moore (NB) are clear cut starters, Ya-Sin and Wilson will compete to start opposite Desir. Depth after that includes Jalen Collins and Nate Hairston. The depth is good but competition is needed for this group. 

6. QB - At the moment besides Brissett the only QBs on the roster are former Mr Irrelevant Chad Kelly and 2X practice squader Philip Walker. 

Honorable Mentions -  HB and OL depth. 

I would add that at TE, a great deal hangs on the health of Jack Doyle. Can Ebron repeat the contribution he did last season? Mo Cox has amazing size hands, but has yet to become a consistent difference maker. He is a mountain in a big package...

I would guess Ross Travis is next in line, but I know nothing of Holmes, Hentges, and Brown.

I'd like to see us get another WR as well. Luck's a good QB. The more weapons we can get for him the better.