Gino Cappelletti Should be in the Hall of Fame.

rfournier103

I’ve been hearing talk about an expanded Hall of Fame class for 2020, and that got me thinking... shouldn’t Gino Cappelletti be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

I know he played all but one season for the Patriots prior to the merger, but I think the all-time leading scorer in AFL history should be in there. I think he gets overlooked because he played in the AFL, and because he was a Patriot before that was a cool thing to be. 

Bob Kraft made a huge push to get Andre Tippett into the Hall, why can’t the same be done for Cappelletti? He was a huge presence as a kicker and receiver, and a great player. 

Who is the Boston representative on the HOF Selection committee? Anyone know? If they’re going to expand the HOF class to 20 next year as is proposed, this may be Gino’s last shot at getting in in his lifetime.

IMO Stanley Morgan should be in the Hall.  He had incredible numbers while playing in a era where DB could mug WRs all over the field. Can you imagine what his numbers would be in today's NFL!

Career NFL statistics

Receptions:557

Receiving yards:10,716

Yards per reception:19.2

Touchdowns:72

PS  Lynn Swann HOF (he belongs in the Hall)

Career NFL statistics

Receptions:336

Receiving yards:5,462

Touchdowns:51

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1