If you could award two former players and two current players a Superbowl ring. who would they be and why?

PFM18

Former:

Fred Taylor/RB-----one of my all-time favorite RB's; criminally underrated and a ring would help.
Joe Thomas/OT-----most loyal dude ever, awesome person, and all-time great.

Current:

Baker Mayfield/QB-----gets my Browns a Super Bowl
Frank Gore/RB-----one of my favorite RB's ever and is extremely deserving of a ring

Former: Will Shields, Derrick Thomas

Current: Patrick Mahomes, Larry Fitzgerald (since giving one to Mahomes would presumably already give one to the Chiefs)

Kind of random/strange honorable mention, for former players, but it always pains me to think of the timing of Logan Mankins career. He had the longest career possible with the Patriots this millennium without winning a superbowl. Drafted the offseason after their third superbowl win, traded in the offseason before their fourth. Just painful.

• Like 2

Former

Junior Seau - The best defensive player in Chargers history and plus he took us to our only Super Bowl. I was so upset for him when he came so close with the Patriots in 2007.

Head Coach Don Coryell - A Super Bowl cements his legacy and his long overdue HOF membership

Current

Philip Rivers - Deserves a SB win just as much as his draft classmates do. Long overdue as well

Andy Reid - I wish he wasn't on the Chiefs but this man has been a top 5 coach for the past decade plus and has 1 SB trip to show for it. He needs a Super Bowl for his legacy to be cemented.

• Like 2

Former players: 
Pat Tillman - If ever there was a man deserving of the glory of a championship, it's Pat Tillman
Joe Thomas - Great player and a great man.  Total class act.  I will never forget what he did for Crakburn and his wife.
(Honorable Mention) - Earl Campbell - One of my favorite players of all time.  It would have been great to see he and Bum Phillips holding up a Lombardi Trophy.

Current players:
Teddy Bridgewater - One of the nicest guys in the league.  It would be great to see him overcome the knee injury and win it all. 
Josh Rosen - I loved the class he showed in handling what happened in Arizona.  I hope he proves the doubters wrong and goes on to greatness.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Former ~ T.O. / Dan Marino 

Current ~ J.J. Watt / Khalil Mack 

T.O. is a huge knucklehead, but the way he played in that Super Bowl was majestic.  I wouldn't have minded seeing him win that one either, come to think of it.

• Like 1