Bucs Training Camp '19

ravishingone

I wanna see what these young guys can do in our secondary. We've spent a lot of early picks on them. All of them fit our new press man scheme far better than whatever you wanna call Smitty's mess.

According to BA, the rookies were the guys creating turnovers at OTAs.

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wanna see what these young guys can do in our secondary. We've spent a lot of early picks on them. All of them fit our new press man scheme far better than whatever you wanna call Smitty's mess.

According to BA, the rookies were the guys creating turnovers at OTAs.

Right now, I m not buying Davis is a lock for the top 3 CB.  The coaching staff has said very little about him during the offseason.  The nickel CB position is more of an attacking player then coverage.  I can see a scenerio where they want VH III and Murphy Bunting on the field all the time.  Davis will be in certain personnel packages I foresee.

I think he is competing against Dean for the top 3 at this point.   

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Right now, I m not buying Davis is a lock for the top 3 CB.  The coaching staff has said very little about him during the offseason.  The nickel CB position is more of an attacking player then coverage.  I can see a scenerio where they want VH III and Murphy Bunting on the field all the time.  Davis will be in certain personnel packages I foresee.

I think he is competing against Dean for the top 3 at this point.   

I think VHIII could eventually be the odd man out. He lacks the size and length we want at CB. Unless we stick him in the slot and he proves to be a good blitzer.

I wouldn't be shocked if SMB was our LCB, Davis was our RCB, and Dean started in the slot by week eight.

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think VHIII could eventually be the odd man out. He lacks the size and length we want at CB. Unless we stick him in the slot and he proves to be a good blitzer.

I wouldn't be shocked if SMB was our LCB, Davis was our RCB, and Dean started in the slot by week eight.

I m at the opposite side.  VH III gets moved inside because he is more quick then fast making him better inside.  Dean has more speed on the outside moving Davis to the bench.  SMB unless he bombs in the preseason is going to be on the field a lot.  

The secondary is going to be impacted because White and David will be on the field every down.  So do they go nickel CB or 3 safety most personnel packages?  I have to believe Bowles will have some combo of 4 OLBs and DL on the field at all times.  So those 4 and 2 LBs leaves just 5 more spots on the field in some sort of combo.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I m all in on the kicker battle.  Keith Armstrong probably has the best resume since Biscassia under Gruden.  Let s end the Bryant Curse.  

It's probably the most important battle of training camp.

Armstrong is here to break the god damn curse.