Bucs Training Camp '19

ravishingone

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I m curious what others think.  I thought the Koetter offense used the RB  as a check down option less then the rest of the league.  Am  I wrong in that thinking?  The RB screen wasn t in the play book the last 2 seasons.  

The Koetter offense evolved into an extreme, pretty much unprecedented vertical offense in today s NFL.  What we saw on Friday was more the norm of today s NFL.  Throws near the LOS with the occasional deep shot.  Thoughts?

I don't remember many checkdown possibilities in Koetter's offense. PR and Trevor broke down games where Jameis had two or three deep routes to throw and that was it. The RBs blocked to allow extra time for the routes. If there wasn't anything there (which happened a lot) we were screwed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't remember many checkdown possibilities in Koetter's offense. PR and Trevor broke down games where Jameis had two or three deep routes to throw and that was it. The RBs blocked to allow extra time for the routes. If there wasn't anything there (which happened a lot) we were screwed.

I know the Bucs were first in the league in yards in the air for passing attempts.  I expect rhis offense to be vertical, but also stretch the field horizontally besides the vaunted Hump screen pass from the left slot.

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I know the Bucs were first in the league in yards in the air for passing attempts.  I expect rhis offense to be vertical, but also stretch the field horizontally besides the vaunted Hump screen pass from the left slot.

We've already thrown to RBs more in camp and one preseason game than we ever did with Koetter.

Koetter seemed to only give RBs routes if they were the primary target. We used to throw to Sims on third down all the time. But that was really it. He tried to get the Rojo wheel route going. But it never took off.

Which explains why he was always looking for RBs who could pass block above all else.

I remember a few plays where the checkdown was Godwin on a five yard curl route outside the numbers. Or some kind of weird short fade route. Or DJax turning his hips at the snap and waiting, again, outside the numbers. But even those poor concepts were few and far between.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well right now the starters are Whitehead and Brice.  I guess they don t want Stewart at safety and Bucannon strictly seems a moneybacker/LB spot only.  Dixon going on IR hurt.

J Evans is supposed to be back any day now. And it sounds like Edwards is only gonna be out for a week or so.

58 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

J Evans is supposed to be back any day now. And it sounds like Edwards is only gonna be out for a week or so.

I just wonder how long it will take for Evans.  With his injuries I would assume he didn't do a lot of running.  He is a pulled hammy waiting to happen if not careful.  I would think at least 2 weeks of conditioning for Evans before he hits the practice field.

• Like 1

Dline depth better then advertised?

i think so, ive always liked Roches since i saw him make some plays as a Chief

i dont know much about Ledbetter though

Well right now the starters are Whitehead and Brice.  I guess they don t want Stewart at safety and Bucannon strictly seems a moneybacker/LB spot only.  Dixon going on IR hurt.

what caused Dixon to go to IR i dont remember hearing what the injury was

• Like 1