Bucs Training Camp '19

ravishingone

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Apparently he spends his time walking the field and judging the wind. Like. A lot.

I actually have high hopes. He seems to have the mentality to match his ability to kick it a mile.

I always go back to the Pat McAfee podcast about the year we were on Hard Knocks. Hopefully only being 7/8 is getting to him and his entire focus is on the mental side of things.

it just seems with this rookie class that there’s a better mentality about them in general. If that’s carried into the season and becomes infectious, we should do better than we have done recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I disagree. It's the second day. And somebody's gotta win. 

I would rather see the defense do better at this point.  They have been pitiful for years.  Getting off to a good start and instillingan aggressive edge is long overdue.  When the secondary has been consistently at the bottom in completion percentage for years, I 'll take getting interceptions in practice.

• Like 1

Just now, ravishingone said:

I would rather see the defense do better at this point.  They have been pitiful for years.  Getting off to a good start and instillingan aggressive edge is long overdue.  When the secondary has been consistently at the bottom in completion percentage for years, I 'll take getting interceptions in practice.

Aye. Gimme that smothering defense in practice all day, every day.

The offense can figure it out later.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Guys. Just a heads up. We utilize the width of the field in the redzone now. I didn't know we were allowed to do that.

Is this allowed?  I ve heard the term screen pass to the RB,  I thought they were only allowed to split really wide near the boundary and do really nothing.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Is this allowed?  I ve heard the term screen pass to the RB,  I thought they were only allowed to split really wide near the boundary and do really nothing.

I didn't see any flags. But I'm sure they were thrown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Me too, aren’t RBs only allowed to run a hitch screen if they line up outside the numbers?

As an aside, we desperately need to establish a run game. If we can do that, it makes our offence exponentially better, even if the passing numbers regress.

• Like 1