Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

Kinda feel like Summers has decent instincts and Bolton does not. I had no idea Summers tested so well, so this is stupid but my Bolton feel was good athlete, but size was the deal, I guess maybe it's similar and the last game has me tainted.

Yeah Summers looked really limited on a few plays in space, but when you consider he was on his 60th snap in the first ps game, I'll give him a pass.

There are folks whose opinion I've grown to trust because they are either at practice or watch the all 22 that are even higher on Bolton than Summers.  Considering how Summers performed and the fact that Bilton is still taking snaps with the 1's, I'm much more inclined to watch thing play out.

15 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Yeah Summers looked really limited on a few plays in space, but when you consider he was on his 60th snap in the first ps game, I'll give him a pass.

There are folks whose opinion I've grown to trust because they are either at practice or watch the all 22 that are even higher on Bolton than Summers.  Considering how Summers performed and the fact that Bilton is still taking snaps with the 1's, I'm much more inclined to watch thing play out.

I feel like I should rip the all 22 and make a private YouTube channel and share it with guys here but I'm scared of the NFLs wrath lol

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If a fringe roster player in Pipkins netted Morrison, I'd say pretty easily yes. Have you seen the state of NFL OL? Those two could pretty easily start for more than a handful of NFL teams, let alone be the top interior bench option. Having Jenkins puts us in a position of strength there. I'd rather Madison get #8 and one of those two are cashed in on their ability to get your out of the game at the interior positions.

I mean, if a two-down thumper who was going to be released is value, sure.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if a two-down thumper who was going to be released is value, sure.

I'm talking about adding depth to the ILB core. A guy like Morrison was just that. No McCray or Patrick aren't netting us Kuechly. Right now behind Blake we have a 7th round pick and 2 UDFAs who have played a grand total of 0 NFL snaps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm talking about adding depth to the ILB core. A guy like Morrison was just that. No McCray or Patrick aren't netting us Kuechly. Right now behind Blake we have a 7th round pick and 2 UDFAs who have played a grand total of 0 NFL snaps.

I mean, isn't it kinda telling that the Packers haven't added another ILB?  I think the Packers' coaching staff is weirdly confident in their guys.

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, isn't it kinda telling that the Packers haven't added another ILB?  I think the Packers' coaching staff is weirdly confident in their guys.

I think that weirdly confident is the perfect wording.

I watched Crawford last game, just wanting to see what was drawing praise from Gute at his end of year presser.  Honestly, I didn't see anything there.  Anyone see anything differently regarding Crawford?

Found this little article about Crawford online....  worth the quick read.   https://www.packers.com/news/inside-knowledge-helping-james-crawford

Of the guys we might actually part with there is probably nobody with more value than Lane Taylor.  A starting quality young offensive lineman. ( not saying we would part with him, not saying we wouldn't)  If you want to dream you can hope for an equally able ILB for a return.  Takes two to tango, and the other one would need to have quality depth at that position.  You just never know..

I don't think a trade or an ILB signing will occur. Martinez is going to see a TON of snaps this year, probably moreso than previous years. What the lack of a move tells me is that they think either Burks' injury isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be and/or Pettine is going to roll with 5 DB's in his base package with Martinez minding the middle of the field with someone like Raven Greene.

True, Martinez da man.  But you have to prepare for the times when you want a couple inside guys on the field at the same time for extended periods, and more important you have to prepare for the loss of Martinez. I mean to possible injury this year, not just next year.  The Packers may not trade for an ILB, but they will add one.  Likely a cut veteran who can still play serious NFL downs.  Or if a trade likely a swap of players going to get cut initially anyway.

Edited by 15412

16 hours ago, deathstar said:

Fackrell.

I initially dismissed this idea.  Trading Fackrell for an ILB...or anyone.

But...it isn't a horrible idea.  All it would take is one other guy to show he has some NFL skill as an OLB to cover some snaps and I think they should look at it.

It isn't like he's coming back to GB.  As has been stated here multiple times....

And we kind of have a back up plan in GB already in the form of Perry if we needed an OLB 5.  (Smith, Smith, Gary, Gilbert, Perry)

Have to think that his value is relatively high right now after his year last year.  If we could snag a quality ILB, well...it's very interesting.  Good thought!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I initially dismissed this idea.  Trading Fackrell for an ILB...or anyone.

But...it isn't a horrible idea.  All it would take is one other guy to show he has some NFL skill as an OLB to cover some snaps and I think they should look at it.

It isn't like he's coming back to GB.  As has been stated here multiple times....

And we kind of have a back up plan in GB already in the form of Perry if we needed an OLB 5.  (Smith, Smith, Gary, Gilbert, Perry)

Have to think that his value is relatively high right now after his year last year.  If we could snag a quality ILB, well...it's very interesting.  Good thought!

Is a second ILB really high enough value to be worth trading for?  I mean, yeah Fackrell's gone after this year, but here's a good chance you're trading away 25ish pressures and 6-8 sacks if you do.  That's a lot of production to expect a rookie and Reggie Gilbert to make up for.  Personally, I'd rather just fill the ILB with whatever jags we can and have a four deep pass rush.  I just don't see the value in multiple off-ball LBers in 2019.

3 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Is a second ILB really high enough value to be worth trading for?  I mean, yeah Fackrell's gone after this year, but here's a good chance you're trading away 25ish pressures and 6-8 sacks if you do.  That's a lot of production to expect a rookie and Reggie Gilbert to make up for.  Personally, I'd rather just fill the ILB with whatever jags we can and have a four deep pass rush.  I just don't see the value in multiple off-ball LBers in 2019.

I think it really depends on who that ILB is.... and I don't know enough about other team's to throw names out there.

But the point is this...Fackrell is OLB3 or OLB4 today.  Coming off of a 10.5 sack season, he may have good value in the league.

We can keep him and his 25ish pressures, 6-8 sacks, or try to get compensation (any compensation) now which could be a higher level than when he leaves this next off-season. (Assuming he is gone.)

Not saying it is ideal, but certainly something worth considering.