Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

Back to the O line.

deBeer, Madison, Pankey, Nijman, Coyle, Patrick.

1) There is a good chance only one of these is on the final 53. Who do you think it will be ?

2) Who is the most likely candidate for the PS ?

3) If Light was included in the bunch above, would he be taken ahead of them all ?

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I initially dismissed this idea.  Trading Fackrell for an ILB...or anyone.

But...it isn't a horrible idea.  All it would take is one other guy to show he has some NFL skill as an OLB to cover some snaps and I think they should look at it.

It isn't like he's coming back to GB.  As has been stated here multiple times....

And we kind of have a back up plan in GB already in the form of Perry if we needed an OLB 5.  (Smith, Smith, Gary, Gilbert, Perry)

Have to think that his value is relatively high right now after his year last year.  If we could snag a quality ILB, well...it's very interesting.  Good thought!

Given how horrible our pass rush was last year, I'm not sure we should trade away the only guy who's ever had a season of double digit in sacks.  Doesn't make sense unless we're getting a sure first starter who's gonna be an upgrade.  Fackrell may not be back next year but there is no reason to sell him for pennies on the dollar.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Back to the O line.

1) There is a good chance only one of these is on the final 53. Who do you think it will be ?

3) If Light was included in the bunch above, would he be taken ahead of them all ?

Madison or Patrick

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Given how horrible our pass rush was last year, I'm not sure we should trade away the only guy who's ever had a season of double digit in sacks.  Doesn't make sense unless we're getting a sure first starter who's gonna be an upgrade.  Fackrell may not be back next year but there is no reason to sell him for pennies on the dollar.  

In b4 we have a very different set of rushers.

Now you don't have to quote it

2 hours ago, SSG said:

It was PS game one and we didn't blitz and had no smith or smith playing nor any of our starters no the Dline. Relax about the rush. Plus we played a running QB they are always tough to rush. Any other QB would have been sacked  couple times.

28 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

It was PS game one and we didn't blitz and had no smith or smith playing nor any of our starters no the Dline. Relax about the rush. Plus we played a running QB they are always tough to rush. Any other QB would have been sacked  couple times.

My opinion has nothing to do with the preseason game.  Until this defense shows that can put consistent pressure on the QB when the bullets are real I see no reason to relax.  Adding the Smiths are nice but there is absolutely no guarantee that they are going to transform what was a terrible pass rush last year into a dominate one this year.  There is no such thing as too many pass rushers and Kyler Fackrell is one of the more successful edge rushers we've got on the team.  

I don't understand wanting to give up on Fackrell for nothing after his 10 sack season.  Zadarius Smith at the same point in his career had fewer sacks than Fackrell had last year alone.  If he makes the same sort of improvement we'd be leaving a comp pick on the table.  There is no upside to trading Fackrell for an Antonio Morrison caliber of player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Back to the O line.

Yes I would take light before any of those. I think out of those you listed it'll be Madison.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Patrick to the active roster, Madison to the PS

As of now, I’m in this boat too. Madison appears to have the tools to pass Patrick by but how soon is the question. He might be the harder he e to sneak by. It’s early yet

Edited by MantyWrestler

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I feel like nobody would claim that dude. Even if he plays decently...

Not ol but don't care. Trevor Davis is getting cut

You think Madison would be easier to stash than Patrick?  Based on what we saw in the first game maybe yes but don’t you think Madison’s tools would be more intriguing?

30 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

You think Madison would be easier to stash than Patrick?  Based on what we saw in the first game maybe yes but don’t you think Madison’s tools would be more intriguing?

Theres the other piece to the Madison puzzle. He's a gamble to put on the roster especially if you havent had the opportunity to talk to him like GB.  Hes safe on the PS I think. I probably give Nijman half the year to show some progress too. Jenkins Patrick Light McCray backups.

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Yes but Patrick has played in the NFL. Get the impression they'd value a guy they know over a guy to work on still

2 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Hard to say, I think a good many GMs aren't gonna look at that rookie non-season as benignly as many on this board would.