Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

I found this video inspiring and beautiful to watch, one of the few Bears games I hate that i missed but the Raiders may have finally given us a blueprint to control Mack to a degree. The guy who made this video is right you won't be successful beating Mack with finesse, you have to be nasty and physical. We have more of an finesse offensive line. I hope we draft bigger physical O-linemen going forward. 

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

I found this video inspiring and beautiful to watch, one of the few Bears games I hate that i missed but the Raiders may have finally given us a blueprint to control Mack to a degree. The guy who made this video is right you won't be successful beating Mack with finesse, you have to be nasty and physical. We have more of an finesse offensive line. I hope we draft bigger physical O-linemen going forward. 

This video gave me cancer.

What is the blue print for stopping Kahlil Mack? Double Teaming him!! No ****. I wonder if that has other affects on your offense?

Our offensive line has given up 5 sacks in 4 games and we just ran it all over the Cowboys. Our offensive line is fantastic. 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is the blue print for stopping Kahlil Mack? Double Teaming him!! No ****. I wonder if that has other affects on your offense?

Our offensive line has given up 5 sacks in 4 games and we just ran it all over the Cowboys. Our offensive line is fantastic. 

The Raiders won that game by dominating the Bears between the tackles and pounding the rock on them. They physically dominated the Bears! 

BTW, has anybody noticed how Mack disappears in the second half of game? 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not gonna get into an heated debate with you because I know I won't change your mind. Yes the OL is playing good especially in Dallas. But let's not pretend Rodgers mobility doesn't help the OL when it comes down to surrendering sacks.

A lot of times I saw instant pressure with Rodgers running for his life to make plays outside of the pocket. I can count on one hand the good plays Rodgers made within a clean pocket. Most of Rodgers plays are made outside of the pocket because he has great mobility. If Phillip Rivers were our QB I bet you would be singing a different tune. 

I guess it comes down to what you like. I like physical and nasty,  you like athletic and finesse. I enjoyed watching Mack get smacked in the mouth. The video was more than just double teaming him it was about beating him up physically and setting the tone that you're not going to come in our house and dominate like you're used to doing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The Raiders won that game by dominating the Bears between the tackles and pounding the rock on them. They physically dominated the Bears! 

Exactly! That's what you do,  you beat him up physically wear him down and make him say uncle. You don't do what Washington did and let a TE block him alone and just let him rush unblocked. That's the blueprint, you bully the bully.

9 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I guess it comes down to what you like. I like physical and nasty,  you like athletic and finesse. I enjoyed watching Mack get smacked in the mouth. The video was more than just double teaming him it was about beating him up physically and setting the tone that you're not going to come in our house and dominate like you're used to doing.

Yes, imagine if we had an OL that could hold Mack to zero sacks in a game. Maybe even in his house! Haha I'm kidding obviously, Green Bay's sad little beta finesse line could never stop an ultra tough ultra Chad like Mack. Just silly dreams. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with Akiem Hicks playing 0 snaps instead of the 50 that he played against us? When you lose a pro bowl caliber DT, you can get run on. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Yes, imagine if we had an OL that could hold Mack to zero sacks in a game. Maybe even in his house! Haha I'm kidding obviously, Green Bay's sad little beta finesse line could never stop an ultra tough ultra Chad like Mack. Just silly dreams. 

Mack didn't have to get sacks to impact that game or others, he's great against the run, he gets hurries, QBs hits, tipped balls, strip fumbles and can free teammate's up to get sacks. Mack may have not gotten a sack but others did. By the way scoring 10 points won't get you many wins in this league. 

Edited by St Vince

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with Akiem Hicks playing 0 snaps instead of the 50 that he played against us? When you lose a pro bowl caliber DT, you can get run on. 

That and the fact that Hicks' absence created the opportunity for Oakland to  focus specifically on Mack.

26 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Not gonna get into an heated debate with you because I know I won't change your mind. Yes the OL is playing good especially in Dallas. But let's not pretend Rodgers mobility doesn't help the OL when it comes down to surrendering sacks.

A lot of times I saw instant pressure with Rodgers running for his life to make plays outside of the pocket. I can count on one hand the good plays Rodgers made within a clean pocket. Most of Rodgers plays are made outside of the pocket because he has great mobility. If Phillip Rivers were our QB I bet you would be singing a different tune. 

Is there a reason why every single positive thing about this team has to be credited to Rodgers? Our offensive line is fantastic. Rodgers is not a positive contributor to the number of sacks that this offense takes. I don't even know how anybody could possibly believe that with a straight face. He holds the ball. 

What game are you referring to when talking about instant pressure? The Bears game? No ****, having two pro bowl DL with two other high caliber starters is a lot better than having 1 pow bowl DL and two other high caliber players. 

What exactly is "smacking Mack in the mouth"?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Mack didn't have to get sacks to impact that game or others, he's great against the run, he gets hurries, QBs hits, tipped balls, strip fumbles and can free teammate's up to get sacks. Mack may have not gotten a sack but others did. By the way scoring 10 points won't get you many wins in this league. 

Every single run play in that game in that video was gap sound. Mack didn't get beat in that video in the run game. 

Mack had 3 QB hurries in our game per PFR, no strip fumbles, and 0 Knockdowns.

Mack was just as much shut down against us as he was against the Raiders. the difference was that we didn't need to throw constant double teams to make it happen.  

• Like 1