Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

First 5 Runs of the Game:

jtqU2EF.gif

Trying to run up the middle against a stacked box.

Turner and Bulaga don't get the combo block they need. Can't control the DT before Turner has to go second level. 

Linsley gets a fantastic block on the other DT that sends him out of the play. Jenkins falls flat on his face because he was leaning against the DT that got moved.

Both DTs are in the play and Jones gets taken down.

+++

y5Pexi0.gif

Jones needs to read this better and cut between Jenkins and Allison. 

Allison needs to get his head upfield on this downblock. 

Jenkins needs to not give hugs.

+++

9JDjgXH.gif

Lewis and Allison have the combo block of the year on this play.

There are times I'm convinced Williams' goal is to have a YPC of 5 with a standard deviation of 0. This is the best blocked play of the year. Should have been a walk in touchdown, except that Williams cuts it back inside for reasons I can't fathom. No reason to not take this outside for the score.

+++

lv21ZM6.gif

Turner needs to finish this block and not allow the DT back into the play. Great play by the DT to bounce back inside and force the fumble, but you want to see this get finished. Everything else was set up for a huge run. 

Jenkins hugs the ILB.

Jones needs to not fumble.

+++

lU8rsP8.gif

This is the one he actually gets called for the hold on. Great first level block. Ugly hold on the second level. 

Holy crap that 2nd one lol how did the refs not see that

13 hours ago, Golfman said:

I like the kid, think he's got a ton of upside and am excited to see his growth the rest of this year and in the future. 

Oh yeah, he's been awesome, but he's just starting. When you compare him to other past rookie Packers starting on the OL, he's with them or ahead of them on the rookie curve.

For the future, no one on the team has more upside than him other than Gary.

21 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Oh yeah, he's been awesome, but he's just starting. When you compare him to other past rookie Packers starting on the OL, he's with them or ahead of them on the rookie curve.

For the future, no one on the team has more upside than him other than Gary.

He hasn't been awesome. He's been solid. Which is as good as could reasonably be expected him. But the hype is out of control.

Who are you comparing him against on the rookie curve? He hasn't been as impressive as Bulaga as a rookie, and you would probably give Linsley a lean as well, albeit at Center rather than Guard. Bakhtiari held down LT at what was basically a league average level, pretty much on track with what Jenkins is at now.

He's a Guard. I'm not going to say that everybody has more upside than him, but he plays a non premium.

Jaire Alexander is 15 months YOUNGER than he is. Darnell Savage is a year and a half.  Kenny Clark is 3 months older. Valdez-Scantling and Aaron Jones are less than a calendar year older. 

Pump the brakes.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

44 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Jenkins is looking like a damn good pick at this point.  Love that we have a guard that can get to the 2nd level and still be good in pass pro.

It's awesome.

I'm looking forward to see how he plays after the bye. With the late bye, he'll have fourteen games and two weeks of camp under his belt before the break. It's almost like a start to a quasi 2nd season for him.

A lot of rookie linemen get fried when playing their rookie season; Bakh was a 294lb mess by the end of 2013, but Jenkins is a different animal. He's older than Bakh was as a rookie and much more physically developed.

Just wanted to post....

I thought that Turner had a nice game yesterday.  Probably his best of the year.

If he and Jenkins continue to develop in this offense, well, look out.

And why does Bulaga look 5 years younger out there?  Is that contract motivation?  Whatever it is...I'm digging it.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, vegas492 said:

And why does Bulaga look 5 years younger out there?  Is that contract motivation?  Whatever it is...I'm digging it.

Not so much anymore. He had a brutal game against the Chiefs, everyone got around him.

He wears down and gets hurts a lot. This has been his MO for a long time. Hopefully he stays healthy and the late season bye recharges his batteries.

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Not so much anymore. He had a brutal game against the Chiefs, everyone got around him.

He wears down and gets hurts a lot. This has been his MO for a long time. Hopefully he stays healthy and the late season bye recharges his batteries.

He played with a broken finger and ridiculous crowd noise. He'll be just fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He played with a broken finger and ridiculous crowd noise. He'll be just fine.

Well, for the crowd noise- really?

I believe he hurt his finger during the game and didn't play after he hurt it, which was OK. It was nice having a RT that could stay in front of his man for the last drive. Somehow Light wasn't devastated by the crowd noise. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

I believe he hurt his finger during the game and didn't play after he hurt it, which was OK. It was nice having a RT that could stay in front of his man for the last drive. Somehow Light wasn't devastated by the crowd noise. lol

The line missed audibles. They did the whole first half. I only saw Bulaga beat 1-1 once, the others he and Turner and the back/TEs weren't on the same page. A direct result of crowd noise. Lines audible you know, more than a QB does, and they can't move to use hand signals so it's all verbal. So, yes really.

5 hours ago, Donzo said:

Question for you since you watched this so closely. 

How many snaps of pass protection did Alex Light take at RT on Sunday night?

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The line missed audibles. They did the whole first half. I only saw Bulaga beat 1-1 once, the others he and Turner and the back/TEs weren't on the same page. A direct result of crowd noise. Lines audible you know, more than a QB does, and they can't move to use hand signals so it's all verbal. So, yes really.

You're just grasping at things to spin a better light on his performance. First it was the injury, which was wrong, now it's "missed audibles", which is mostly wrong, too. The Packers had a lot of trouble with LB blitzes after the 2nd TD and it wasn't because of missed audibles... The issue with Bulaga on Sunday was he had  trouble keeping his man in front of him. He hasn't had that problem all year, he did on Sunday.

This is all OK, this has been his MO his entire career. When he's fresh and healthy, he's an excellent OT. The thing is he wears down and gets hurt a lot- a lot! This played out last year... He was wearing down then took a couple games off. He came back and was excellent to end the season.

Big picture thinking, I'd be looking to give him some time off before the playoffs. If the Packers can get a 1st round bye, that would be nice, too. A lot of work to do there and there's some smoke & mirrors things going on with the Packers 7-1 record, so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

You're just grasping at things to spin a better light on his performance. First it was the injury, which was wrong, now it's "missed audibles", which is mostly wrong, too. The Packers had a lot of trouble with LB blitzes after the 2nd TD and it wasn't because of missed audibles... The issue with Bulaga on Sunday was he had  trouble keeping his man in front of him. He hasn't had that problem all year, he did on Sunday.

This is all OK, this has been his MO his entire career. When he's fresh and healthy, he's an excellent OT. The thing is he wears down and gets hurt a lot- a lot! This played out last year... He was wearing down then took a couple games off. He came back and was excellent to end the season.

Big picture thinking, I'd be looking to give him some time off before the playoffs. If the Packers can get a 1st round bye, that would be nice, too. A lot of work to do there and there's some smoke & mirrors things going on with the Packers 7-1 record, so we'll see.

Of course I'm grasping on straws, because your opinion always has to be right and you don't accept when you arent. He had trouble staying in front of his man.... because he was false stepping. A vet like Bulaga does not false step. He was stepping towards guys that were being picked up by Turner, or the TE, then trying to recover back to his man. The line was blowing audibles, that's what happens when you play at Arrowhead. Linsley can't stand up and make signals like Rodgers can. This week when we play in the least advantageous home field advantage in the NFL, that won't be a problem. This will be an unofficial home game.

Also you have no idea until you have proof as to when Bulaga got injured. All we know is it got to the point where he needed it taken care of late in the 4th. If he said something about how it happened late in the game, I'll gladly be proven wrong there. Could very well have happened earlier and he fought through it until he couldn't anymore. Bulaga is a warrior, wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Like 2