Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So your top 3 subs are Jenkins, Light, McCray probably. Maybe Madison. 

Man I would hate to be giving up on a Spriggs for a McCray. 

Idk man, I'd put McCray at the end of that list right now.

Jenkins-Light-Patrick-Madison-McCray

McCray was pretty bad last year...

Thinking all the press Light has been getting must be legit... I forgot he made the team last year. I was thinking he was a PS guy... If I remember correctly, he did get a one game suspension late in the year a failed drug test- that's interesting.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Idk man, I'd put McCray at the end of that list right now.

Jenkins-Light-Patrick-Madison-McCray

McCray was pretty bad last year...

His shoulder was all sorts of bad last year. He should have had it done in preseason but was fighting for a spot.

Maybe Spriggs' injury was worse than we realized, and he was going to miss a chunk of the season, so they decided it was time to move on. He played decent at times, but he was prone to making catastrophic failures, where he just got blown up by people and they got to the QB very quickly. But I still had some hope that he would improve enough to be a serviceable backup or maybe even a starter. It will be interesting to see how he does in the future. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Maybe Spriggs' injury was worse than we realized, and he was going to miss a chunk of the season, so they decided it was time to move on. He played decent at times, but he was prone to making catastrophic failures, where he just got blown up by people and they got to the QB very quickly. But I still had some hope that he would improve enough to be a serviceable backup or maybe even a starter. It will be interesting to see how he does in the future. 

He was waived/injured.  How does that effect his availability to the rest of the league.

@AlexGreen#20 or @Packerraymond or anyone who knows the nuances of OL play, do you see Madison as a viable backup RT (or LT) option? We'll be looking for bodies there after Light and Madison played a lot of tackle at WSU. Does he have the feet for it? 

I was surprised while at TC, I didn't see him take any reps at OT. Thought he might get some work there. 

Assuming health, is this the best offensive line Rodgers has ever played behind?

2014 had sophomore Bakhtiari, Prime Sitton, Rookie Linsley, Prime Lang, Prime Bulaga with only one missed start between them. 

Bakhtiari is better than he was in 2014. 

Taylor is worse than Sitton.

Linsley is better than 2014.

Turner will be worse than Lang in all likelihood.

Bulaga is probably worse.

I think 2014 is probably the best so far.

2015 had a worse Bakhtiari and worse health all around, but a better Linsley.

2016 we downgraded Sitton to Taylor

2017 we downgraded Lang to Evans and Bulaga was hurt.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

@AlexGreen#20 or @Packerraymond or anyone who knows the nuances of OL play, do you see Madison as a viable backup RT (or LT) option? We'll be looking for bodies there after Light and Madison played a lot of tackle at WSU. Does he have the feet for it? 

I was surprised while at TC, I didn't see him take any reps at OT. Thought he might get some work there. 

I think Turner is your #4 Tackle. If you lose two tackles, he would likely kick out and Jenkins would come in to play Guard.

They need Madison to get one position down before they start worrying about two, and his pro position will be Guard. He's still gotta transition from Tackle to Guard before you start worrying about the cross training in all likelihood. I don't think there's any reason he couldn't get you out of a game there, but he's just not the level of natural athlete you want there, not just from a footspeed perspective, but also from a coordination and flexibility standpoint.

• Like 1